The deal

Jason
"Pozvol'te mne skazat' vam pryamo: yesli vy ne nachnete govorit' pryamo seychas, vam stanet tol'ko khuzhe."
(Let me give it to you straight, if you don't start talking right now, this is only going to get worse for you.) I told the bloody and beaten up man who was barely sitting up on the chair he was tied to.

"Idi k chertu!" (Go to hell!) The man spat out blood as he spoke.

I turned to look at Harry, his eyes were fixed on the man. He tried to show no emotion but I could see the slightest hint of sympathy on his face.

"Russians are just so damn stubborn." I told him as I grabbed another knife from my collection.

I turned back to the man. "Chto vy khotite poteryat' v pervuyu ochered'? Vashi pal'tsy ili pal'tsy nog."
(What do you want to lose first? Your fingers or your toes?)

The man looked at me with hatred but it didn't faze me. I was used to it.
I shrugged. "Fingers it is." Before I could advance towards him, Harry stepped forward intercepting me.

He crouched down to the mans level and looked him straight in the eye.
"Vy mozhete prekratit' eto pryamo seychas i polozhit' konets boli i pytkam, yesli vy prosto skazhete nam, chto vy znayete."
(You can stop this right now and end the pain and torture if you just tell us what you know.) He told the man.

The man showed as much hatred for Harry. "Prosto ubey menya, uzhe ublyudki!" (Just kill me, already you bastards!)

I gritted my teeth, if I was Harry, this guy would have received another blow by now. He even had the decency to make demands when he had betrayed my family.

His will didn't seem to waver, he wasn't going to give up any information. I had to admire his loyalty.

"Move over, brother, clearly our friend here is ready to lose a few teeth." I spoke.

Harry pretended not to hear me and went on.
"Vy deystvitel'no dumayete, chto my ub'yem vas, vy deystvitel'no dumayete, chto s Kallakhanami eto tak prosto??"
(Do you really think we're going to kill you, you really think it's that easy with the Callahans?)

The guy didn't respond. Harry placed his hands on both the arm rests of the chair and leaned in. He spoke in a low voice. "You don't break a man by taking away his life, you break him by taking away his heart.)
"Oni poydut za tvoyey zhenoy i det'mi. I oni sobirayutsya delat' s nimi imenno to, chto my delayem s vami. Mozhet byt', dazhe khuzhe."
(They are going to go after your wife and kids. And they are going to do to them exactly what we are doing to you. Maybe even worse.)

The man flinched at the mention of his wife and kids. He was bluffing of course. I didn't even know this guy had a family and even if I knew about them, the Callahans never get children involved.

"Vy ostavlyayete ikh vne etogo!"
(You leave them out of this!)

"K sozhaleniyu, eto ne moye delo."
(Unfortunately, it's not up to me.) Harry told him genuinely sounding sympathetic. "YA prosto vypolnyayu prikazy." (I just follow orders.)

The man just continued glaring at Harry but then his tough guy facade dropped.

"Otkuda ya znayu, chto ty ne prichinish' im vreda, yesli ya skazhu tebe?"
(How do I know you won't hurt them if I tell you? )

"Callahan vsegda derzhit slovo."
(A Callahan always keeps his word.) Harry replied.

The man shut his eyes then finally he gave everything up. How his employer paid him to go undercover in one of my father's warehouses and steal as much as he could.

Apparently they were planning to clean out another of my father's warehouses sometime soon. He gave us the date and the time and even how many men they had.