Therapy

Jason Mamoa as Benjamin Sapphire anyone?

Jason

"Therapy?" I growled.

My mother rolled her eyes. "I don't really see what else you want me to do, Jason. Obviously we can't just let this slide and you don't seem to want to tell us what caused this sudden outburst. So maybe you'll tell Dr Rowans."

I looked at my Uncle Ben then quickly looked away. How could I even possibly start to tell him what Isabella had said I did to her. It took two years for me to prove to him how much I cared about her so that he would finally let me go out with her. Don't even get me started on how many tests I had to go through before I got him to let me propose to her. And now I find out that all that had actually been in vain because apparently all I had been doing was hurting her.

"Jason." Uncle Ben spoke, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Did you hear anything your mother said."

I hadn't realised that I had disappeared into my mind. I was clutching my fist so tightly that my knuckles started to turn white.

My mother noticed. She notices everything, from the cuff links you're wearing to the one hair in your head that is out of place.

She got up and walked towards me. She took my recently unclenched fists in hers. "My dear, I am your mother and I care about your well being. Now you know the last time you had a session with Dr Rowan's, she suggested that maybe you had IED and-"

I pulled my hands out of hers.

"I do not have IED." I growled.

I hated that whenever I got angry, she always assumed it was because I had a mental disorder.

Mr Sapphire walked forward and placed his hands on his shoulders causing me to look into his striking green eyes. "Jason, you know I've always had your well being in mind. We both have. We're only telling you these things because we care about you, okay?"

I nodded. I respected Uncle Benjamin almost as much as I respected my father. They were both inspirational role models in my life and I would be foolish not to listen to them.

He stepped aside to reveal my mother.

"So therapy." She continued. I will schedule an appointment as soon as possible, the last thing we want is for this to reflect on your father especially now that he is in China striking a deal with the Mental Health Foundation."

"Yes mother." I spoke trying not to sound too stiff.

Yeah, that's the last thing we'd want. For the MHF to find out that their biggest sponsor's son is mentally unstable.

I couldn't help but wonder what my father thought about this whole situation. He had obviously been debriefed and I could only imagine how unhappy he must have been. I had broken my probation afterall.

I knew it was useless to ask my mother and Uncle Benjamin. They would never tell me and it's not because they didn't know either. They obviously knew. My father always confided in his wife and his right hand man. His most trusted confidants.

"Now, about the girl." My mother continued, referring to Kate with as much disgust as she could muster up. "You have to make sure she keeps that big mouth of hers shut."

She really didn't like Kate and I couldn't blame her. She wasn't used to having anyone try to correct her. Heck even Bella refrained from talking back to her.

Even I had to admit, it took guts for Kate to say what she did. I thought that night at my father's party would be the one and only time. And as she spoke up this time, I thought for sure that she would maybe do something crafty to escape from me. Like take my mother up on her offer and ask for money. She honestly surprised me.