The Last Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"Hey, this is what we wanted, remember?" I told her.

She looked at me with a worried look on her face.

"Yeah but that was before Alex and Isa got involved. I feel like we're abandoning them."

"They can take care of themselves." I assured her. "And you don't have to worry. Harry wants us to go. He told me so. We're not abandoning him."

"What about Isabella?" She asked in a small voice.

I tucked a strand of hair away from her face.

"She's a big girl. She can take care of herself. Besides she can't leave her father. The Boss especially wouldn't do anything to her because of his friendship with Uncle Ben."

Kate pulled my hands away from her, causing me to frown.

"No, Jason." She started. "I mean what about you and Isabella?"

"There is no me and Isabella." I muttered bitterly.

"I've sorted out my issues with my ex. Maybe you should do the same." She told me.

I sighed. "Kate, Bella and I are done. Our story is over. We have no issues to sort out."

"Yes you do." She insisted. "You've done nothing but argue this entire time. If we're going to leave, I want you to be one hundred percent sure."

"I am sure, Kate. I want you and only you. Are you looking for excuses not to go?" I asked her.

She sighed and turned to look out the door Bella had stormed out of.

She turned back to look at me. "No. That's not it. I just think Isabella deserves some kind of proper goodbye from you after all you two have been through. You need to do this. Not for me or her but for yourself." She spoke.

I turned to look in the direction of the door Bella had disappeared.

Honestly, with all she had said to me, never seeing her or talking to her again didn't seem too bad.

"Go get your closure." Kate urged me as she got up from the table. "Come find me when you do." 

She walked away probably heading back to hers and Isabella's room.

I ran a hand through my hair and let out a sigh.

Great. Now I had to face Bella one last time.

***********************************************************************************************

I found her in a bar across the street from our motel.

I don't know what bottle she was on but it didn't really matter, she has always been able to hold her liquor.

Two men were on either side of her looking like they desperately wanted her attention.

Knowing Bella, she was probably just playing along to get free drinks.

I walked to where she was.

She rolled her eyes when she saw me.

"Pardon me, boys but it looks like my darling ex has decided to join me."

The men around her looked at me with distaste.

"Do you want us to take care of him?" The burly one asked.

Isabella just waved her hand to dismiss the pair.

"No. I'll handle him." She told them.