Epilogue

Hundreds of years ago, humans and supernaturals cohabited peacefully, even regularly coming together. Humans had money, land, power; supernaturals had skill and ability that humans could barely comprehend. But where there is difference and unknown, there is jealousy and hatred. Nobody knows exactly who started the war, but everyone knows who prevailed.

Another war is coming. Or maybe 'revolution' would be a better terminology. This war isn't a fight to the death, it's a fight with ourselves. With our minds. How can a person betray their upbringing and purposefully ignore everything they once knew to be true? I'm not sure. But I know we have to. Demons are just another type of faerie; vampyres, like demons, are not inherently evil; hybrids aren't really hybrids after all, but more a mixed breed of magickal being. Who knows how society will react to this? All we can know is that it will certainly be different.

You don't believe this, of course. It's all fiction to you, and fair enough. I didn't believe it either. That's the mystery, you see. The 'hanes enigma'. In my language, 'hanes' means both history and legend. Who can really tell which is true? You don't believe this. You won't even try to. Because to you, this a story. A way to pass the time. Perhaps even a form of procrastination. To you, this is fiction. To me, fiction doesn't exist.