Chapter Twelve - Indagation

Min Yoongi

Inhaling his sweet yet musky scent, I pull Jimin closer on my lap. His legs tighten around me as his nose nuzzles into my neck.

"Hyung, what happens if you don't get out?" Jimin sits up and looks at me seriously.

I smile and ruffle his hair, trying to get such a solemn expression off my Jiminie's face. "Then I don't get out, baby."

"But.. But it wasn't you. You didn't do anything wrong!.. You saved my life and you're in prison because of it." He pouts and I grin, pushing our lips together.

"I know that. And you know that. And that's all I care about." I shrug, rubbing circles into his hips just above his jean waistline, my hands warm between his skin and the light cotton T-shirt. "I was scared at first, I hadn't finished at Pharaway and I didn't know how I'd be treated. And then it was awful for a while... But-"

"Don't you ever wish we'd run away together when we had the chance?" He interrupts me, tilting his head cutely.

"I guess.. Sometimes... But also no. I still know I wouldn't want you to have dropped out of school and not finished your education. That hasn't changed." I smile and stroke his cheek. Jimin lets the whole weight of his head drop into my hand and I chuckle at his actions.

"Even though you hate it here?" He pouts again.

"I don't hate it... I used to, but not anymore. It's not ideal, of course. But it is how it is and it's doable now. Thanks to you." Jimin blushes and buries his head in my neck, so I lean back and let myself lie back onto the ground, Jimin now lying on top of me. "What would happen if we were to have kids?"

Jimin sits up and blinks, his hands on my chest as he straddles me. "Yoongi. I hate to break it to you. But I'm a dude. And you're a dude. Two dudes can't make a baby..." He giggles and my heart clenches.

"Please never say dude again." I grimace playfully.

"Noted." He chuckles, hands slipping underneath my shirt.

"And I meant... Not us specifically. A demon and a faerie." I take Jimin's hands in my own, entwining our fingers.

The faerie ponders. "I don't know. I've never heard of it before, but I can do some digging if you want?"

"Please." I nod, lips pursing slightly.

"What's this about?" He asks, intrigued.

"Just.. A guy I met in here... It's nothing. He's probably making it up." I shrug, then asking Jimin about his day to quickly change the topic. I didn't get the impression that he was lying, but it's possible. And I don't want to excite Chim Chim if then isn't even true.

***

Kim Namjoon

Jimin bites his bottom lip as he concentrates, flicking over another page of an old book. "Have you got anything yet?"

I hum in confirmation and pull a book in front of him. "There's something here about it going missing, but I can't work out where from..."

We both reread the newspaper clipping and Jimin gasps.

"Uffern?!"

"You know it?" I raise my eyebrows, surprised.

"I.. I've heard of it before, that's all." He shrugs.