Chapter One - Confession

Brynn Celan

"That was the last time, Kookie." I groan, inwardly kicking myself.

"You said that yesterday..." He kisses my shoulder and I can hear the smirk.

"Shut up." I growl and pull his sheets tighter around myself.

"Hey, you came to me." He chuckles, sliding his arms underneath the blankets to gain access to me again. He pulls me close and nuzzles his face into the back of my neck.

"Are you complaining?."

"Definitely not." He grins and kisses at my neck. "Don't be too disappointed in yourself, Brynn. You don't really stand a chance, I am a Jeon."

I roll my eyes and shove his hands off me. He pouts and slides them back around my waist but I push them away again.

"Yah." He growls, but obviously, I don't listen, turning back to face him and bat away any attempt he makes. The corners of my lips rise slightly and he grins. I try my best, but his supernatural strength overpowers me in seconds, pinning my wrists either side of my head as he leans down to place a victorious kiss on my nose. "Ha, I win."

I pout grumpily and he just laughs at me, kissing all over my face. "You're gross and I hate you."

"You're a shroomy liar, Brynn." He smirks and I grin at his swear word replacement.

"Thank you..."

He chuckles and wraps me up in his arms, rolling so he's on his back and I lay on top of him. "Why even pretend this is gonna be the last time? What's the point?"

I take a good look at him and for the first time, I see a little vulnerability underneath the ever-accumulating cracks to his cocky bravado. "I don't know... I guess I wanted to talk to Tae first... But I didn't expect it to take months... We can't even see if Jimin's at his dad's because we can't get into the bloody place." I purse my lips and he kisses them softly, hands stroking my sides in an attempt to comfort me.

"And we'll keep trying. If it's really upsetting you, I'll keep my distance until we find Taehyung." I feel his hands slip away from my waist and I immediately start to panic, grabbing for them desperately. He frowns, smirking ever so slightly as my tight grip on his wrists loosens in embarrassment. "No?..."

"You... You're kind of the only thing keeping me together right now..." I mumble. Yet again too quiet for any normal ear to pick up.

He beams at me and I can't help but chuckle at his cuteness. His arms slide around me and I tuck my head into the crook of his neck.

'Mine.'

"Excuse me?." My eyebrows fly as high as they can reach and I push myself from his chest. "I thought we talked about this. You know I don't like that, Jungkook."

"Hmm?.." He frowns, slightly shocked by my sudden movements.

I pull on my oversized t-shirt despite Jungkook's pout that now adorns his adorable features.

"What I do now?"

"What did you do now, you mean." I purse my lips.

"Okay. What did I do now?" He deadpans.

"I'm just not used to werewolf possessiveness yet, that's all." I roll my eyes and search the floor for my underwear.

"Because I hugged you..?" Jungkook raises his eyebrows slightly, passing the pastel pink fabric to me.

Blushing slightly, I pull them on. "No, because I don't like you thinking I belong to you."

"I never said you did!" He slumps defeatedly back into his bed and begrudgingly watches me getting redressed with a small pout.

"So, I'm hearing things now? Great." I purse my lips, refusing to crawl back into bed with him just because I want to kiss the pout off his lips and most definitely not believing him.

"You-.. You're what?" He sounds slightly panicked as I turn back to the floor in order to retrieve my phone from.. Somewhere...

'Shit'

"What?" I frown, turning back to him.

"Huh?"

"You said.. Mushrooms..." I smile slightly.

"Yes! I did. I said that. Out loud. Yup." He gulps and I giggle slightly.

"You're weird..." I press my lips on his gently, cupping his cheek. Part of me is still worried that the moment I stop running, he'll lose interest. Not that I'd ever admit that to him.

"I'm not like that." He pushes me away, expression hurt.

"Like what?" I frown again.

"I-.." He blinks, mouth slightly ajar. "I'm not weird..?"

"Right... You keep telling yourself that, Kook." I chuckle as he growls softly, pulling me onto his lap. My hands tangle into his already messy hair as he connects our lips once again.

'Mine.'

"Okay, seriously?." I push him away again but this time his hands cling to my waist, not letting me get too far away.

"Okay!.." He licks his lips nervously. "Just... Don't get too mad..?"

***

Jeon Jungkook

"You what?!"

I mean, I did expect her reaction to be something like that.

"And you didn't think to tell me?." She glares. It's fair enough. I understand.

"Of course I did. Constantly."

"Then why didn't you?! You thought you'd play around a little first?." She huffs and pushes herself off me, hard.

"What the fuck, Brynn?. What kind of person do you think I am?." I follow her off the bed, pulling on a pair of sweatpants.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the kind of person who bites you and then pretends it happen the next day? Maybe the kind of person who'd screw you and then pretend it didn't happen the next day?."

My jaw clenches. "Are you always going to hold that against me?. I made a mistake."

"You made a lot of mistakes!" We glare at each other for a second, but my anger quickly falls. She's right. I know I fucked up. I always fuck up. "You feel guilty. Why do I know you feel guilty?"

I look away, regret only growing. "It's part of the... Mind connection thing. It's not like we can read each other's minds. Sometimes it's a word, sometimes it's an image, sometimes just a feeling..." I shrug slightly, still not meeting her eyes.

"Why?."

"What?"

"Why me?."

"It was a full moon, I don't even remember what happened." I sigh, turning around and walking to my window, leaning my forehead against the glass.

'I do...'

"What?.." I frown, turning to her.

"Nothing."

"Bry-"

"I didn't say anything." She slips out of the room before I can stop her.