Chapter Nineteen: Alone

Min Yoongi

Five Years Ago

"So.. She's giving you everything?!" Jimin gapes as he sinks down next to me on the sofa.

I blink and nod. Dried tear tracks stain my cheeks, but I'm not crying anymore. I don't think I have anything left in me to cry for a while.

"I can't believe she died just days after her guide dog.. It's almost sweet, in a very morbid sort of way..." He frowns and sighs, leaning his head on my shoulder. "Like maybe they both knew it was time?..."

Okay, maybe I did have a few more tears left. "What do I do now? Where do I go?!"

"Absolutely nowhere. This is precisely why Hewa left you this place. This is your home, Yoongi. This cottage, this town. Me... She knew you'd want to run but she didn't want you to." He smiles sadly and looks at me, kissing my cheek softly. "I know it's hard. I've lost family before. But I can't begin to feel how you do.. You only had her..."

I shake my head slightly and shuffle on the sofa so I'm facing him. "I still have you. You're all I have, now..."

He kisses me softly, a reminder of our unspoken feelings.

"Uffern was slaughtered. Completely. Except me... That's what I have panic attacks about. Sitting in my old flat, door kicked in, corpses lining the street and their blood in my hair and my clothes and i-in my mouth and.." I swallow thickly, almost gagging at the memory. "And being alone again just like when my parents left me there seven years before."

Jimin is shocked, that much is obvious. But less than I thought he would be. I know he's a faerie, but he still thinks I'm human. And that's pretty much unheard of for a human town.

"I'm sorry you've had to go through so much, hyung. I don't get why the world picks on some people like this..." He has tears that fall as he blinks.

"I know.. But then it gives us medicine like you, so I can almost forgive it."

He chuckles miserably and hugs me tightly, head tucking neatly into my neck like always. "You'll always be my first priority from now on, Min Yoongi. I'm officially going to be responsible for you and your wellbeing. I love you. So fucking much."

My hands slide around his waist and I cradle him in my arms, his warmth a massive comfort to my otherwise cold soul.

"Can that deal go both ways?.. Coz I love you pretty fucking much too, Chim."

***

Jimin moans softly beneath me on my new bed and I groan. "Baby, I love you, but four times in a row is a little much for my dick."

The boy giggles and tightens his arms around my neck so I'm forced lower. "Even if I say please?" He pouts before trailing kisses up my neck and jawline. He mutters into my ear, and I swear I break a little. "Even if I beg?" He gently bites down on my earlobe and I graze my hands from his hips and up his sides until I'm cupping his cheeks.

"Give me fifteen minutes?.."

Jimin groans now, typically impatient. He throws one of my oversized t-shirts over his head as I roll over onto my side. It took me almost six months to become okay with the thought of using Hewa's old room for myself. I just stayed sleeping on the sofa, until Jimin decided to take me bed shopping. And then we redecorated it. It feels like my first real bedroom. The first place that's actually mine.