Chapter Eleven - Deceit

Kai Finton

"Kai I'm sorry. I should have told you. But I just couldn't take you hating me." Jin sobs in my arms and I hug him tightly.

"I know. it's okay. I'm not mad, I'm just thinking." I smile, cupping his cheeks in my palms.

"I was trying to stop him. You get that, right? I-I would never do that to-" He starts but I interrupt him.

"Of course. I know you, Jin. You're a good person. I didn't doubt that from the day I met you." I smile but it quickly falls as I start thinking about that day. About how his brother saved both of us. If it weren't for him I would never have made it out of that warlock's house. And yet...

"Then what are you thinking about?" Jin frowns, placing a worried arm on my shoulder.

I'm angry. I can't help it. I want to take it out on someone but it can't be Jin. He's about the only person from my past whom I don't blame for something or other. He may have still lied, as it turns out there was no one who didn't, but he didn't know how to contact me back then and we only reunited recently. He didn't ever have much of a chance to come clean. "Don't hate me."

"Kai, you saved my life. In so many ways. I'll never hate you." Jin looks down, presumably expecting me to yell.

"I want him dead. And part of me wants to ask you where he is but I can't ask that of you. I can't make you choose, that's not a decision anyone should have to make. Anything you said would be morally wrong in some way and I can't do that to you. But I don't know how else to track him down. Or even if I can!" I groan, fists clenching by my sides.

"Kai.." Jin looks at the floor.

"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even told you that." I shake my head, now angry at myself more than anyone.

"Kai, he's dead." Jin looks up. He doesn't seem sad. I guess, he didn't really know him that well.

"What?" I blink, very shocked.

"He killed himself. That night. He hated that he'd become our father. I.. He said I reminded him of what he'd longed to be. Sometimes I wonder how different the world would have been if we'd taken him too. Mishal would still be here. The clanless wouldn't have had those five years to infiltrate the senate. Yoongi and Jimin would be happy." Jin has tears in his eyes and I pull him into a tight hug.

"Jin, stop. The Clanless would have had someone else kill him even if your brother hadn't been there."

He pulls away and looks into my eyes. "Are you glad he's dead? I can't decide. Part of me is but also part of me wishes I'd tried harder to stop him."

"It's not your fault. None of this is." I step away, leaning against the wall.

"But are you?" Jin asks again.

"I don't know... A little. But also a little not." I sigh.

Jin nods. There is a pause in which both of us try to decide when he best place to speak again is and what to say. "Kai. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." I frown, eyes immediately flicking to Jin's.

"How did you and Hobi decide?" He bites the side of his lip in nervousness.

"Decide what?" I frown.

"If he should become your guardian angel or not. On one hand the idea of growing old with Laila, at the same rate as her.. It's amazing. We could make a family and a life... But it's also cutting her life short. I know she doesn't see it that way, but I can't help thinking about it."

"What?" I gulp, not sure what I'm hearing. I think about that day. About meeting Jin. About running from that house together. About meeting Hoseok. About how he's been lying to me ever since.

"But it would never work between us. I age three times slower than you, at least!" Hoseok groans, rolling over in his bed.

I gulp, suddenly feeling very naked in front of him. "And there's no way we could work around that?"

"No. No way. You'll grow and I won't. That's that." He purses his lips. "You should go."

"So how did you decide?" Jin probes again.

"We.. I didn't... I need to go." I slam the door shut behind me, leaving a very bemused Jin in my wake.

~~~~~

Wow, so I've been a busy bean today!

I hope you guys are enjoying this. I'm loving writing it and I know that my three best friends love it, but I have no clue about other armys!!! 

I've planned out the rest of this act and I'm so shook. SHOOKETH. I would say Jungshooketh but the main drama doesn't really contain much Kookie... (much.. hehe)

No spoilers! Just be warned that chapter 16 may change some perspectives.....................