•Hidden Pain•

~~~Annie's POV~~~

I looked at Shivaay as he sat on the stool beside me with his mouth closing and opening. It's been 2 hours since they all walked out of the ward and left. 2 hours since I'm seeing Shivaay, as he is trying to speak and failing.

It was an emotional moment a few hours back and overwhelming too. I wasn't ready to let them go but it was Rudra who asked me to not try stopping them as the matter is critical. I couldn't argue back as he looked dead serious. I wish I could go with them but I wasn't going to risk my babies for something which I want.

"A..." Finally, some... No, not some but one alphabet escaped from his mouth.

I looked at him attentively, expecting him to finally speak but he didn't, he didn't utter any other word and went quiet.

Having enough of silence which was eating me, I looked at him with concern and cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Uhh..." I coughed, fake. He looked at me and I smiled.

"Shivaay... Will you say something or just sit there like a statue?" I asked and he sighed out loud.

"I am trying." Finally, I heard his voice.

"I want to say... I'm sorry. It's not difficult to say or is it?" I spoke and he smiled.

"I don't think it's same for everyone. Everyone holds different things... you get me?" He spoke, eyeing the IV.

"I get you. But do you? I said I'm sorry. Did you hear it or you didn't?" I asked and he nodded.

"I did. You're making it awkward. You know me, It's hard for me to thank or apologize." He tilted his neck.

Woah? I know him and he is lying here.

"Yup, I do know you Shivaay. And, trust me, I know you can apologize when you love me. Because, when you hated me even then you were apologizing instantly. So, you get me?" I asked, biting my lips.

"You got me there. Okay, I think it's not that hard. I'm sorry my love." He told me with a cheeky smile.

"You were acting? Right?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"You can assume it to be acting. I was trying to know, if you know, I love you, or not." He raised his shoulders while telling me.

"Umm... I think. I don't get what you're telling me." I scratched my neck and he stood up.

"You're cute. I'm sorry Annie. I shouldn't have behaved that way with you. I think I was mad to behave like an Animal with you." He caressed my face, with tears brimming.

"Shut up. Don't even dare to call yourself an Animal. You just behaved like Shivaay Singh Oberoi. I am not mad at you. Even, I wasn't in my senses and behaved like that and we almost broke up." I told him holding his hand.

"We are married. We can't break up." He told me while sitting to kiss my cheek.

"We... You said we aren't." I took back my hand and he shut his eyes tightly.

"I lied. We are married and that was before. I mean... I didn't register it at first but later I did." He explained to me and I looked at him suspiciously.

"I trust you." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Everything is sorted?" I asked and he nodded.

"It is, but not everything. I still want to have a talk about the things we did but, like normally. Promising that we won't heat things up and walk away." He spoke, fiddling my hair.