•Small, outburst•

----------

Anika

----------

I watched him as he stood still on his place, something I expected. I know, he won't ever be okay with telling me everything in detail as he saw me getting a huge shock by the things he told me before. I can't even blame him entirely, he is just thinking of every worst thing and I am just being positive.

"You don't have to go there again." I sighed angrily.

"Why not. You know I want to." I said trying not to get angry more than needed.

"I just don't want to. You can sleep instead. I have better things to do anyway." He turned to the door and started to walk to it to get out.

"Dare you to take one step out and I will come running. The hell with you." I whisper-yell and he sighed. "You're not doing it. I know." He looked at me and continued to walk out.

"Don't underestimate me." I kinda shout and he looked at me again.

"Anika. Why do you have to put up a fight, always? I don't want to tell and that is it. Why do you always nag me for such things huh?" He was surely out of mind for saying things like this. How could he even say this?

"Always? Yeah, we end up fighting always! because it's you, it's you who doesn't want me to know things which I should. It's you who drag things to such extent." I'm so much anger right now that I don't know what I'd do. I get it he cares, but he just can't treat me like a weak-ass.

"Anika calm down. Why're you making it so huge, why?" He's just pressing my all the nerves today.

"Shivaay- I get it; you care about me. I understand everything, I appreciate things you did and you do. I am grateful too. I asked you so politely to tell me the thing and you go hype over such a small thing? YOU'RE BLAMING ME. Pushing everything on me. Everything!" I stretch and he nods looking away.

"I am sorry." He walked back to me and sighed. "You don't get it, because if you did get it, you wouldn't be asking me to tell you again. It's not just about you know, it's also about me telling, you get it?" He looked at me and I rubbed my temple.

"All this while it was about you? I am so sorry, but it's for your own good too. Nothing is just for me..." I looked at him and he chuckled.

"Making me feel regret over everything once again is what you call good of my own?" He mocked.

"For the final time, after this, you won't be even remembering it all. You know that!" I reasoned and he sighed.

"So you won't back off, I sure as hell won't either." He angrily looked at me.

"Great then. I will have to call and ask Pari then." I shrugged and turned my face.

I'm done with all the talking... How foolish of me to think he was thinking of me? He wasn't just thinking of me but also himself. It was more for him than me. I wasn't that important, huh?

"Dare you to talk about it with Pari. The consequences would be worst!" He said in such a scary tone that I felt my hair standing, goosebumps, you name it.

"You are threatening me? Shivaay you just threatened me for whom? Shivaay!" I said inaudible voice but the voice was cracking. It sounded more like a reminder than a question.

I never in my dreams thought that my simple question, my simple demand of something would lead to such things which I always feared. Friends before me---.

Tears were on the verge of falling, I was lost in the thoughts of realization. Something which shouldn't have happened. This wasn't which I would ever want to hear from him.

Before I could break down, I found myself in his embrace and he was patting my back like he always does.

"I am sorry Anika. I didn't mean it in that way. She is already so much down with all the stuff and now you want to ask her, I just care about her. I didn't want to threaten you over this, I would never do that. I apologize." He told me but do I care now? Maybe, no.

"Well, we too are down by all the stuff his dad did. I didn't want to bring her but it's you who are forcing me to. You would never do because you just did that. How could you even? I mean- Shivaay..." I found myself out of words. How many times I've used those words that they now seem to be not enough to be said.

"Punish me..." He looked at me and he seemed pretty serious about it. Well, should take advantage of this.

"I want the whole thing. Each and everything out of your mind, right here right now. Or else you lose me and the babies- That's for sure. I WILL LEAVE.!" I lied to him with an intensity that he thought I was deadly serious; I won't ever be telling him that I was faking it. Never...

"O-Okay. I- I will." He sat away from me and looked at his hands in his laps as if taking the courage to tell me, from them.

"It started when I got good in business. He wasn't expecting me to be so good at it. The business wasn't my thing and he was pretty sure that I would just earn enough to handle my financial needs and would stay busy. Things went south for him when I turned into one of the biggest businessmen here. I for sure had no Idea he was so jealous of me rising higher. If I had the slightest of an idea about it, I might have stopped myself. I would've stopped investing my life into everything." He started. I wasn't shocked anybody in his place would've done the same. And anybody in the place of Mr. Malhotra would've done same too.

"So was he behind everything or it just came along and merge at the end? I want to know if he was the one who dragged me in all this?" I asked ignoring his red eyes which were red due to his anger. He can't always get off with this without answering it's not just him who suffered, it was me more than him. He, in the end, have got whatever he lost but, Me? I lost everything and have nothing back. Shivaay is just completely another thing I got. My loss is way too much.

"Yeah. It was just him. It was all him... He was the mastermind. He planned it for one year." I gasped. I didn't expect this. He had so much time to waste on such stuff, to ruin somebody's life?

To Be Continued...

Thank you.

Love ~ Annie.