Chapter 50

I went to a Mental institute to see someone. It's been a long time since I saw  her. She was not able to recognize me that time.  Alam kong marami siyang nagawa na hindi maganda, but I can't stand seeing her like that. Well I admit it is satisfying to see her suffer in this place, after what she did to me. Above all  just chose to forgive her even if she does not ask for it.  Sabi nga ni Taylor, masyado akong mabait para patawarin siya. Para akin, to move on, means to accept, let go and forgive.

I don't want to carry the burden of having this madness towards her. Ano pa ang mapapala ko sa galit ko. I want a new life, besides I am fine now, I should be thankful for it. 

I was about to enter her room ng bawalin ako ng isang nurse. It is her therapy today at hindi muna ako pupwede na pumasok. I was about to leave when I saw Mrs.  Sarmiento, sits on a bench near to her daughter room. Kanina pa ba siya dito? Bakit hindi ko man lang siya napansin. 

"Good morning." I greeted  she just gave me a small smile.  TInabihan ko siya umupo, now we are both staring Lauren through the window. We are a bit in a silence, I don't know how to open a conversation to her, mukhang ayaw rin naman niya ng kausap. 

"I can't stand her seeing like this, she's getting worse. She even forget that I am her mother. Is this the consequence of doing the right thing, I betrayed her." She breaks our silence. Her eyes are bit teary. I know it is painful for her to see her daughter in that situation and she was not able to do it. 

"You just did what you think is the best Ms. Sarmiento. Don't lose hope"

"I know, I don't lose hope, ganyan naman ang mga nanay. It is just I don't want her suffer." Tumango ako na lang ako, I can't say a thing to ease the pain. Wala rin naman akong magagawa. 

Nagpaalam na ako na umalis she just nod before I leave. I just thought to pass here before I go to Amaya. I don't know why, maybe gusto ko lang dumalaw sa kanila. Espcially to Ms. Sarmiento, seems I want to comfort her kahit papapaano, balita ko rin kasi hindi na siya nadadalaw ni Nikko. Kahit yun lang ang magawa ko after she helped me, tumanggi man ako sa kanya, but she secretly helped me para maibangon uli ang Amaya. She asked more people to invest her, nalaman ko nang sabihin sa akin ng isa mga mga taong kinausap niya. 

I give my key to the valet before I enter the lobby. 

"Welcome back to Amaya Miss Eris!" Halos mapatalon ako sa gulat, kung hindi baka atakihin pa ko sa puso. The crowd of Amaya employees welcomed me with their thunderous voices. The lobby has a big banner in it at halos magulat malaking picture ko roon. It is like chibi, wherein that big face of mine is fierce.  Napatakip ako ng bibig sa sobrang pagkaoverwhelm at nahihiya talaga ako sa malaking picture na nakasabit roon. 

"Hola Eris, welcome back here at Amaya Main." Taylor emerged from the crowd and raised her both arms to greet me, na parang ngayon lang kami nagkita na dalawa. 

"Any messages to them." I knew it, siya talaga ang may pakana ng malaking mukha ko roon. I am still looking to our people, mukhang tinipon niya lahat pati ang board. 

I genuinely smile at them and waved my hand. "Masaya ako na nandito kayong lahat to greet me, kaya maraming salamat sa bawat isa sa inyo, dahil diyan may palibreng lunch tayo." The crowd cheered happily with my announcement. Well sino ba naman ang hindi matutuwa sa free lunch diba?

"Thanks everyone for your participation balik na tayo sa dati" Taylor clapped her hands to signal them to go back to work. Pagkatapos, inakbayan naman niya ako papasok sa elevator. 

"Like my present?"

I shrugged "It is too much." Sabi ko at itinuro ang chibi ko na kasabit doon.