He face turned pink before he put his back to me. I yanked off my dress then slipped on my pajamas, breathing in the scent of the sweatshirt. It still smelled like Niall.

“I’m done,” I informed him, tossing my dress over his shoulder so it landed on my suitcase.

He turned back around and smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. “I’m going to go take a shower, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” He pressed his lips to my forehead.

“M’kay.” I flopped back on the pillows and watched him leave the room. I decided to get on Twitter while I waited, so grabbed my phone and started looking through the trending topics. I stopped and pursed my lips at the hash tag #Niallcoulddobetter. Regretting it instantly, I clicked on it.

A lot of tweets came up and all of them involved me. Most were defending me and saying I must be pretty special since Niall waited to so long for a girlfriend, but a few nasty ones stuck out.

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe Niall’s dating this girl! #Niallcoulddobetter

Under that caption was a picture of me showing my middle finger to someone. Granted, that was a bad habit I needed to break, but still. They didn’t have to tweet that picture out. There was no telling who I was flipping off.

Kora seriously seems so stuck-up. Niall needs a sweeter girl. #Niallcoulddobetter

She’s so ugly! And fat! Ugh! Just look at her! #Niallcoulddobetter

She sure doesn’t have the body of a dancer. #justsaying #Niallcoulddobetter

I bet he got her pregnant and that’s the only reason they’re together. #Niallcoulddobetter

She should definitely work on that dancer’s body. #Niallcoulddobetter

Kora’s red and blue hair looks so trashy! #Niallcoulddobetter

She’s ugly. She’s fat. She beat up a fan. Way to go Niall. #Niallcoulddobetter

I’m sorry Niall, but Kora just seems so fake #Niallcoulddobetter

I tossed my phone to the side, wiping away the tears that had started to fall. Why did I just do that? I was used to criticism in the dance world, but for some reason this affected me more. These girls were judging me because of Niall, not because I had messed up on a turn or completely failed a dance. They had standards of who they expected him to date and, apparently, I didn’t meet them.

“Kora, love, what’s wrong?” Niall ran over to my side.

I glanced at my phone then shook my head. “Nothing. It’s stupid.”

He grabbed my iPhone and started scrolling through the tweets I had been looking at. The more he read, the more angry he looked. I sniffled and wiped my eyes again.

“Red, don’t listen to a single thing these girls are saying. I’ll handle this right now.”

He went on his laptop while I got up and went over to the mirror. I lifted the hoodie up to reveal my stomach and frowned. Maybe I did need to tone up a little…

Niall’s P.O.V.

I glanced up and saw Kora standing in front of the mirror, her shirt lifted as she frowned at her torso. Great, the comments had gotten to her.

I frowned at her. “Don’t do that.”

She looked up at me through the mirror, but quickly looked away. “Sorry.” She let my hoodie that was very baggy on her fall back down, wiping away another tear.

I couldn’t stand the thought that the people who were supposed to be my fans did this to her. They should be happy for us, but no. They had to go and be so rude to her that now she was upset. I was fighting back tears of my own because it hurt me to see her cry.

I was too angry to just send out a tweet so I quickly set up a twitcam and sent out that whoever was up better watch it and listen to what I have to say.

“What are you doing?” Kora asked, sighing when she came over and saw the live stream loading.

“Handling this.” It connected and I saw there were already a lot of people watching. “Look, I really hope somebody is recording this because I want every single fan to see this video. I am honestly so disgusted and disappointed right now, I don’t know what to say.”

“Niall, just let it go. I’m okay.” Kora sighed, settling against the pillows again.

“No, you’re not. I can see it in your eyes.” I told her before turning back to the computer. “I came out of the shower just a minute ago to find Kora sitting here crying because of all these nasty and rude things you guys are saying to her. Trending #Niallcoulddobetter? Really? That’s just wrong and hurtful to both meself and Red. What would make you do that? Can you not see how happy we are together? I love this girl and you guys have to go and do something that’s made her so upset. I can’t even explain how ashamed I am right now. To be fair, there were a few who defended Kora but most were just downright hateful. For one, never in a million years should you call someone ugly and fat. That’s incredibly rude and shows that you are just jealous of that person. For two, saying that I’m only with Kora because I got her pregnant is the stupidest comment I have ever seen. I just… I’m so disappointed and ashamed and furious right now. How dare you do this to the girl I love? Why would you say those things to any of our girlfriends? The same thing has happened to Danielle and Eleanor and I hated it then and I hate it even more now. I’m sick of it. I can’t even talk about it anymore.” With that I signed out of the twitcam and slammed my Mac closed.

Kora was curled up in a ball facing away from me, but I could still hear her sniffling. I laid down next to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, kissing her neck. “Don’t listen to those girls. They’re jealous and rude and took it out on you. You’re beautiful and I love you and I hope you believe me.”

She turned over in my arms and snuggled against me, burying her face in my chest. “I love you,” she whispered, her breath hitching as she hiccupped.