I lifted my head and saw his blue eyes staring down at me with concern. I held my arms out, waiting for Niall to turn around so I could jump onto his back. He stood up, jumping a little bit to make sure I was in a good position, then walked out of the lift. I sniffled and pressed my face into his neck, worried that one of those FBI-like Directioners would end up getting a picture of me crying and start all kinds of rumors.

Nialler hummed to himself as he carried me, calming me with his voice. I loved hearing him sing, his voice was amazing. Liam said Niall had the voice of an angel, and I have to agree. I lifted my head and kissed his cheek, before laying my head back on his shoulder.

“Niall! Niall! Can I please get a picture with you?” A fan yelled as she ran up to the Irish boy.

“Well, I kinda-” I jumped off Niall’s back, causing him to look back at me with a bewildered expression.

“Go ahead,” I explained, giving the fan a smile before I walked over to lean against the building we had been stopped outside of.

The girl’s friend glared at me before turning back to Niall. “I can’t believe you’re with that girl. She’s so ugly. You could have any girl in the world and you choose her? She’s not even famous. People only know who she is because of you. I bet that’s the only reason that ballet school wanted her. To attract-”

“Enough,” Niall said, his fists clinched at his side. I stared at the seen unfolding, speechless “You’re beyond rude. You see that girl?” He pointed at me. “She’s the most gorgeous and talented girl that I have ever met. She’s also one of the sweetest and you would never hear her bashing someone the way you just did. You’re just jealous, that’s all you are. Kora doesn’t need a relationship with me for people to see what an incredible dancer she is. She had that place at Joffrey’s before she ever met me. Get your facts straight before you hate on my princess. I love Kora and that’s all that should matter to you. Goodbye.” He walked over to me and took my hand, pulling me away.

I blinked back fresh tears, staring up at Niall in awe. I couldn’t believe how sweet he had just been.

He glanced down at me and saw the new tears, pausing in the middle of the sidewalk. He grabbed both my hands and squeezed them. “Red, don’t cry, love. Don’t listen to that girl. She’s a-”

I stood on my toes and kissed Niall, shutting him up. “I’m not crying because of her, you idiot. I’m crying because of what you said about me. That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said. Thank you.”

He smiled down at me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before he pressed his lips to mine. “I meant every word of it.”

“I know you did. That’s why I love you.”

He leaned down to my ear. “I love you more than anything.” His arms went around my waist, holding me close as he kissed me again. I was vaguely aware of the rain that started to pour around us, but I couldn’t focus on it. All I could pay attention to was the way Niall’s arms felt around me and how it still hit me when we kissed just how much I had missed him. There wasn’t any better feeling in the world.

*****

I let out a laugh as Niall ran into his flat with me once again perched on his back. He ran straight to the sofa and dropped me on it, falling on top of me so I couldn’t move. It was impossible for me not to laugh while I squirmed around under his hold and tried to escape.

“Just where do you think you’re going?” Niall teased, pinning my arms down to my sides.

I snickered. “To your room to get clothes! I’m soaking wet from running in the rain!”

He sat up, propping himself up on his knees so he wasn’t crushing me. “I guess that’s a decent reason. I also need to change, so race ya!”

He jumped up and took off running, leaving me to scramble to my feet to catch up. I giggled all the way, slipping and sliding down the hallway as I tried to get past Niall. I succeeded and slipped in front of him, but all he did was grab me around the waist with one arm and pick me up, spinning me in a circle until we tumbled onto the mattress, both of us laughing.

Once we calmed down, Niall held his hand out to me and helped me to my feet. He riffled through his clothes until he found me the hoodie I requested (a simple black slip on hoodie with an Irish flag) and a pair of my pajama shorts that had been left here when I was staying here.

“I’ll just go change in the other room,” he said, looking awkward.

I sighed. “Niall, you’ve already seen me in my underwear. Just turn around and change and I’ll turn this way and change. No big deal.”

He shrugged and turned his back to me, yanking his shirt off before I turned away.

I turned my back to him and pulled my own shirt off, then somehow managed to shimmy out of my sopping wet jeans. I slipped into the shorts and Niall’s sweatshirt then flipped my hair upside down and took the hair tie off my wrist to twist my hair into a messy top knot. When I stood up, Niall was just turning around.

“Wanna watch Finding Nemo?” He asked, holding his hand out for me to take.

“Of course.” I smiled and took his hand, letting him drag me back to the living room.

We snuggled up on the couch and within the first ten minutes of the movie I was out like a light.