Chapter 89

So, once again it's that day of the year on which you turn a year older!! It's my (sweet) sixteen today and I had an amazing day in London!!🎉

Chapter 89: Going to Hogwarts

When Teddy sees the letter he squeals and gives me a hug.

"Congratulations Ted," I smile and hand him the letter to open.

"Dear Mister Lupin, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" Teddy exclaims, beaming proudly, just like Ginny and I are.

"I'm going to Hogwarts!" Teddy cries out and does a happy dance in the middle of the room.

Every time a guest arrives, that one sentence is proudly repeated by Teddy.

The best part is when Hagrid shows up with a cake that says Happee Birthdae Teddee and tells Teddy that he's going to be just as good of a wizard as his parents were.

Everyone congratulates Teddy on both his birthday and him going to Hogwarts.

Even Minerva, or as Teddy now calls her 'Professor McGonagall', comes to congratulate the boy. She stays for a while until she says that she has to get back to the castle.

"Minerva, thank you for coming. We really appreciated it," I tell her and she smiles before saying goodbye.

At the end of the day, Teddy's tired enough to fall asleep while watching a Disney movie together.

"He's had a good day," Ginny says as we're both resting against the headboard, my arm around her shoulder and her head leaning against me.

"He sure has and I think we're going to go Hogwarts shopping somewhere this week," I tell her.

"I don't think so, I know so," Ginny smiles.

"Yeah, Teddy will want to get all his stuff far in advance and honestly, I don't blame him," I agree.

"What do you mean far in advance? It's only four and a half months," Ginny says sarcastically.

We both laugh until she breaks the silence that came after.

"I think you should be the one to take him shopping," she says seriously.

"Really? What about you?" I ask her.

"Oh, I'm fine with it. Besides, we'll have three more chances after," Ginny smiles while twiddling our thumbs.

"I love you," I tell her while giving her a kiss.

"I love you too," she mumbles against my lips.

*

Just like that, Teddy and I are on the train to London.

"I don't think I even have to ask you if you're excited," I smile at the boy next to me, who can't sit still.

"Nope!" Teddy exclaims, making other passengers look at us.

"Well, that's a good thing, then," I say and stand up as the train approaches the station.

Before stepping into the Leaky Cauldron, I look around to see if anyone is looking. When that isn't the case, I step inside and Teddy follows.

Once inside, Teddy takes my hand and shuffles in closer to me. I can't blame him because I did the same the first time I came here with Hagrid.

Speaking of the man, Hagrid sees me and invites me to have a drink with him. Of course, he can't see Teddy so I understand why he asked.