Chapter 13

Btw, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 500 VIEWS!! 😱💘 IT means really much to me!
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Chapter 13: Ginny's Birthday part 2.

Mrs Weasley quietly whispers a spell. Ginny doesn't seem to know which spell because she keeps asking which one it was.
After a minute of asking, I finally take off the blindfold.

"Oh Merlin," Ginny gasps. She had certainly not expected this.

The Gryffindors from her year and a year above are all here, so are a few Ravenclaws. Hagrid, uncles, aunts had joined and even Professor McGonagall is here.

Ginny receives loads of attention, even from a few boys but I trust Ginny so I let her be. Professor McGonagall asks me after a while to come for a minute.

"What if it Professor?" I ask, not knowing why we're standing far away from everyone else.

"I wanted to tell you and ask you a few things about your last year at Hogwarts and the funeral in six days time," McGonagall says.

"Okay," I say, allowing her to continue.

"I couldn't choose who would be the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, so I chose two people. I chose you because you have done the school a great pleasure by getting rid of You-Know-Who and because I still remember the day when you thought you would be expelled but became the youngest Seeker in a century. You have been a brilliant Seeker and I wouldn't want you to take the risk for maybe not being in the Team at your last year at Hogwarts. The second captain is Miss Weasley. She is an excellent Chaser and I heard that you two can get along very well with each other. The other questions were; Which subjects will you be taking and would you mind saying something at the funeral/memorial?" McGonagall asks, a little worn out after all the talking.

"It would be an honour to say something at the memorial and I am looking forward to be Quidditch captain, thank you very much Professor. I would like to take Defence Against the Dark Arts, probably potions. Well I'd like to take the subjects I had in my sixth year except for Divination, " I answer, not that I had Divination in my sixth year but I've had enough death predictions for a long time.

Professor McGonagall gives me a smile and then leaves to join the party, I follow her example. Ginny sees me and runs towards me and gives me a kiss.

"What did Professor McGonagall want?" Ginny asks curiously.

"She asked me something about the funeral and what I would be doing when you go to Hogwarts," I improvise. I hope that Ginny won't ask anything about it because I wouldn't know. Luckily she doesn't.

Ginny takes my hand and then joins Mrs Weasley, Fleur, Bill, Hermione and Ron. We talk for a while until Mrs Weasley questions the couple (Ron and Hermione) about Australia.

"When are you going to leave? And Ron are you going to the funeral?" Mrs Weasley asks.

"Well, I'm really sorry Mrs Weasley but I am going to Australia to try and find my parents. I hope to find them really quickly so Ron and I can join the funeral but Ron doesn't have to come if he wants to attend the funeral," Hermione explains, looking though she's secretly hoping that Ron would still come with her.

" 'Mione, don't worry, I'll still come with you! I do hope we finish before the funeral but I can always use the Floo-Network or Apparate back so I can join the funeral," Ron says, kissing his girlfriend.

"Oh look, the music is going to start! Time for some dancing!" Mrs Weasley exclaims. Everyone laughs and hurries to the dancing floor.