Chapter 66

Chapter 66: James Sirius Potter

"Harry!" I whisper and hit my husband to wake him up.

"What?!" Harry sits up and looks worried.

"Don't worry, it's just that I've felt him kick for the first time," I whisper, taking his hand and putting it on the place where I felt the baby kick.

I have been feeling him move around, like butterflies in my stomach, but this is the first time I've actually felt him kick.

According to the book about pregnancy, I should have felt him kick a few weeks ago but it also said that it varies a lot.

When Harry's hand makes contact with my skin, the baby starts kicking again. Very lightly but it is noticeable.

"Hey little guy, I'm your father. Don't be too hard on your mother, it's hard enough for her. It will all be worth it once you're here though. We can't wait to meet you," Harry starts talking.

The baby is supposed to start recognising our voices too so Harry and I regularly talk to him. Teddy does too when he asks to feel the bump.

I've started to wear maternity leggings now because they're a lot more comfortable. I've always been wearing Harry's shirts but I wear them even more now when I'm in the house. I did buy concealing robes and clothes for when we go out but for the family dinner on Sunday, I don't bother.

"You'll be an amazing father," I tell Harry, putting my hand on his hand.

"Thank you. You'll be a wonderful mother too," Harry says, sounding proud.

"I really can't wait to meet him," I smile, rubbing my belly.

"You're not the only one! Teddy has been asking me constantly how long it's going to take until the baby comes. I can't wait either," Harry says, looking at his watch.

"What time is it?" I ask him curiously.

"It's ten past three," Harry says after squinting through the dark at his watch.

"I'm not really tired anymore. I'm sorry for waking you though," I apologise, feeling sorry but also very awake.

"It doesn't matter, I would stay awake the whole night to feel the baby if you'd want me to," Harry smiles.

"But are you tired?" I ask him.

"A little bit," Harry admits.

"You can go back to sleep if you want," I tell him.

"I wouldn't want you to stay awake the whole time, I'll stay awake too," Harry says, sitting up against the wall.

"Have you been thinking about baby names yet?" I ask Harry, sitting up too.

"A little bit but there is something else I actually want to talk to you about. It's about the baby so don't worry," Harry says, looking a little sad.

"I'm listening," I say, looking at my husband and taking his hand.

"Well, as you know, I got asked to be Teddy's godfather by Remus and Tonks even though the last time I saw Remus we had an argument. I was wondering if we could, with your permission of course, ask Remus to be the baby's godfather. Even though he isn't here in person, I thought it would be a nice gesture to name him godfather and when our little boy goes to Hogwarts, there will always be someone to look over him," Harry explains, a tear rolling down his cheek.