Chapter 51

Chapter 51: Harry's last heirloom

I decided to tell Mum, Dad, Sirius, Molly and Arthur about my Animagus. I thought Molly and Arthur deserved to know after all they've done for me. They were all very proud but nobody was any prouder than Dad was.

I am still practicing loads even though it's been more than two months since. After the big task we received to test our abilities, Robards let us have one extra week of holidays so they could discuss the results and let us know after.

Oh yeah, now I remember, it's almost my birthday and everyone is asking what I want for my birthday. I'm happy with my family and friends right now that I don't really have any wishes.

Mum and especially Dad are being quite suspicious and I don't know why. I guess I'll just have to wait until they do tell me.

Teddy is really enjoying my presence and now that he knows that I won't be leaving for a while, he's really happy. I do often pay Neville or Luna visits but I either take him along or I assure him that I won't be gone for long.

Ginny also finished her Quidditch season and the Holyhead Harpies haven't finished in the top three for centuries. They ended up second but only by a few points in the final score. Ginny reckons that they might get first next year if they train even harder.

*

Neville has invited us for his birthday so Ginny and I are still deciding on what to get him. We have ideas but we're going to decide in Diagon Alley this afternoon.

*

When we arrive at Neville's place, we realise that we're the first ones to arrive.

"I thought we were late," Ginny laughs as Neville opens the door.

"So did I!" I agree.

We congratulate Neville on his 20th birthday and proceed to the living room. His gran welcomes us and asks us if we want a drink.

Soon enough, others start to arrive and in no time, it's full with people. Everyone is talking and it's hard to hear each other.

When Neville explains where everything is, people start helping themselves to drinks. Ginny, Luna, Neville, Hannah and I decide to go into the garden to have a proper chat. Hermione, Ron and Erin follow us and we continue with our conversation.

"Well, it was good seeing you and thank you for coming!" Neville says as the sun starts going down.

"Well, enjoy the rest of your birthday and we'll see you tomorrow," Ginny says, giving him a hug.

"Bye!" Neville waves and we Apparate back to The Burrow.

When we arrive, Mrs Weasley and Ginny shoo me upstairs and tell me that I'm not allowed to come back down until tomorrow. I know it's no use trying to protest so I just do as they say.

I already put my pyjamas on but I don't brush my teeth yet, because it's still a little to early.

I'm glad I didn't brush my teeth because after half an hour, Ginny arrives and gives me a cup of tea and some homemade biscuits. I thank her but she says she can't stay.

She leaves me alone again so I decide to reread the letter I received from Robards, telling me that he expects to see me on September 1st, along with the others who got into the next year. I actually already know it off by heart but I don't really know what else to do.

After reading the letter and half-reading the previous edition of the Daily Prophet, Ginny arrives again and says they're finished.

"Finally! I was starting to get a little bored," I say.