Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Quidditch match

Harry's POV:

The days pass and soon the day of the first Quidditch match of the season arrives. I'm a little nervous but I have faith in this years team. I look outside and the weather's quite nice, except for the cold, I guess. I look at the bed next to me and I see that Ron's still fast asleep.

I roughly wake him up and eventually kindly remind him that I'm not his mum. Ron's always a little weary when he wakes up early, or actually if I wake him up.

We don't wait for the girls, so we head downstairs to The Great Hall. It's a good thing we didn't wait because they're all at the table, chatting. I smirk and so does Ron, probably thinking the same thing.

We join them and Ron gets a piece of toast for me and for himself. Ginny is in her cheerful mood, eating loads but Erin is really quiet and she isn't eating anything.

"Erin! You need to have some food, you're going to need your strength today," I say, startling her.

"But I'm scared," She answers.

"So was I when I had my first match but I didn't die and neither will you," I tell her, calming her down.

She takes a deep breath and then starts eating. I smile and also continue with my toast, giving Ginny's foot a nudge with mine. At that moment, she was taking a mouthful of Pumpkin Juice, which she spit out again. Ron isn't looking very pleased but he looks hilarious, drenched in Pumpkin Juice.

We all laugh and luckily Ron is laughing too. Ginny smiles at me and I smile back.

*

Ron, Ginny, Erin and I decide to head towards the team's changing room. Macy and Eliza are already there so we only have to wait for Ryan.

When I start handing out our red and gold robes, Ryan bursts into the room and then comes to a halt.

"I'm so sorry! My friends wouldn't stop wishing me good luck," Ryan apologises, trying to catch his breath again.

"It's fine, just hurry a little with putting on your robes and then we'll discuss the team tactics," Ginny says calmly.

Ryan smiles and then he quickly slips inside his robes, which fit perfectly. I ask Ginny to fetch our brooms while I put on my gloves with some protection against the Bludgers.

Everyone is ready when Ginny arrives. I ask them all to sit down, except Ginny. They all look at me, so I decide to start talking.

"Well, as you can all see, the weather is quite good so we won't have any problems with that except that I do advise you to try and fly out of the sun. We have had a lot of practice so I have faith in you all. We will be playing Slytherin so I know they can play really foul. Just do your best and everything will be alright! I would love to see our name on the Cup this year because it is my last year but no further pressure," I tell the team.

We discuss the rest of the tactics and then the rest of the team also get their broomsticks. I'm quite surprised that Hermione hasn't been to wish us luck yet, like she usually did before a match.

I hear a whistle so that means we have to go to the pitch. I call the team and we all walk up the wooden stairs, two by two. I go with Ginny, walking behind everyone, and Ron walks with Erin.

When we arrive, I wish everyone loads of luck and I give Ginny a quick kiss. The wooden 'door' opens and we see the daylight again. It's really cold but if we keep moving, it hopefully won't be too bad.

"Welcome to the first Quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor versus Slytherin!" A very recognisable voice calls through a microphone.

Erin, Ron, Ginny and I all look at each other in utter shock and surprise and mouth: 'Hermione!'.

"Can I have a round of applause for the Gryffindor team!? Here come: Ryan Forwood, Macy Howell, Erin Miller, Harry Potter, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley aaanddd Eliza White!" Hermione commentates, receiving a great applause.

We mount our brooms and then fly onto the pitch, and we land in half a circle around Madam Hooch.

"Can I also have an applause for the Slytherin team! Here come: Adrian Flint, Daniel Mullet, Vincent Moran, Draco Malfoy, Anastasia Montague, Daphne Greengrass and Johanna Warrington," Hermione continues.

The Slytherin team also flies onto the pitch and they finish the circle around Madam Hooch.

"Captains shake hands!" Madam Hooch shouts, looking at us.

I look at Ginny and nod, we step forward and shake hands with Malfoy. Malfoy gives us a polite nod which I return too. We step back again and wait for Madam Hooch to continue.

"You may mount your brooms! And I want a nice, clean game, from all of you!" Madam Hooch continues, looking at all the fourteen players.

We mount our brooms and wait for her to release the Bludgers and the Snitch. While we wait, I give the team a thumbs up to calm them down a little bit.

Soon after, Madam Hooch releases all the balls, except for the Quaffle.

"Aand Madam Hooch releases the Bludgers and the Golden Snitch!" Hermione says.

We all rise into the air and wait until she throws the Quaffle.

Madam Hooch whistles and releases the Quaffle. Ginny gets it first and speeds of to the goalpost, passing with Erin and Macy.

Ron also races off to the goalposts but in the other direction.

I look around for the Snitch while Hermione commentates and updates everyone on what's going on. I smile when Erin scores a goal.

I just slowly fly across the pitch waiting for a sign of the Snitch. I also see that Malfoy is watching me carefully so I decide to trick him by the Wronski Feint I saw a few years ago. The score at the moment is 50-20 for Gryffindor.

I dive and of course Malfoy copies me.

As I dive I really see the Snitch! I make a sharp turn and race towards the Snitch. I'm happy that Malfoy doesn't crash because I would have felt really guilty but he does fly straight ahead which gives me more time.

I launch myself forward, knowing that I'll fall but I don't care as long as I fall with the Snitch.

I clasp my hand around the Snitch and as predicted, I tumble off my broomstick, which makes the crowd gasp. As I fall I try to prevent myself from falling on my face but as I hit the ground I hear a sickening snap and a searing pain in my wrist.

"And Harry has caught the Snitch! Gryffindor wins!" Hermione shouts, smiling.

Ginny and Ron immediately run towards me as I groan. I put the Snitch in my pocket and try to stand up but one of my hands won't allow it. Luckily Ginny and Ron pull me up.

"I guess that'll be a visit to the Hospital Wing!" Ron laughs.

"Yeah, I think Madam Pomfrey might have written my name on one of the beds," I reply, imagining the bed next to the window.

"Come on! But well done Harry!" Ginny compliments, giving me a kiss on my cheek.

I managed to update!!😏😌