Chapter 69

Chapter 69: It's hard

Although Harry said it could get little late before he got home, it's starting to get really late now and I'm a little bit worried.

I looked at the clock and it's just been 12:45. Harry would never stay till this late or he would have sent me something to say he would be staying longer.

After about 20 minutes, I hear someone quietly knocking on the door.

I open it and see my brother, looking really stressed.

"Well, Ronald," I say, tapping my foot impatiently and wondering why Harry isn't with him.

"Don't be mad, Ginny, please, "Ron starts which makes me narrow my eyes.

"It depends on what you're going to say and if you give me a reason to be mad," I reply.

"Well- um-," Ron stutters but can't seem to find the words.

"Ron, where's H-Harry?" my voice quavers.

"Well, you see, at one point, Harry wasn't feeling too well and he looked absolutely horrible, all pale and with bags under his eyes. He went to the toilet but he didn't come back. After ten minutes, we got a bit suspicious and went to have a look. We've been looking since. I'm really sorry," Ron explains, looking terrible.

"S-so you're say-saying that Harry's m-missing?" I ask him, my eyes filling with tears.

"I'm so sorry Ginny," Ron apologises.

"It's not your fault but you one of you should have gone to accompany him to the bathroom to make sure he was ok," I say, my voice tight and tears threatening to spill.

"I know, I feel like a horrible friend," Ron says, looking guilty.

I can't cope with it anymore and I throw my arms around Ron, crying. Ron awkwardly pats my back but I know he means well.

"D-do you want to come inside?" I sniff, letting my brother go.

"I-I should get back to help look for him," Ron says, looking at his watch.

"Why don't you tell the others to go home and rest. I don't think Harry will be found today. It's late and the one who took him won't have taken him to a place to find easily," I tell them, feeling tired myself.

"Thanks Ginny, and good luck," Ron gives me a last hug and a sympathetic smile before leaving again.

While I'm still incredibly worried about Harry, I go upstairs, check on James and Teddy and make my way to our bedroom.

After brushing my teeth and getting changed, I lay in our bed but it seems so much bigger now I don't have someone to share it with. I miss the warmth of my husband and his strong arms that wrap around me and in which I always fall asleep.

A few tears escape my eyes as I can't seem to fall asleep.

I eventually fall asleep around half past three but I am awoken after a few hours by James crying.

I rub my eyes and walk to his room. I pick up the red faced baby and bring him back to our room.

After feeding him, I lay him down next to me and lay my own head on my pillow, watching him.

He falls asleep again quickly and without realising, I do the same.

I wake up because of the sun shining in my eyes blindingly. I look to my left and see that James has gone.