Chapter 63

Chapter 63: Helping a brother in need

It's the day after telling Harry and I'm still beaming at Harry's reaction.

Harry, being the amazing husband, was there this time to hold my hair back while throwing up.

The only thing I'm dreading is telling Gwen about the pregnancy. I know she'll be a little disappointed that I won't be able to continue with the season but on the other hand, I've been playing there for quite a few years and it's not like she won't ever have me back. I know Gwen won't tell other people if I ask her not to but I'm not sure about the others.

"So, are you ready to tell the others?" Harry asks after I finish a small breakfast.

"I guess," I reply, drinking some water and standing up to get my cloak.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Harry asks again, taking my hand.

"Yes, I'm sure but thank you for offering," I smile, letting go of his hand and walking to the fireplace.

One of the things I read yesterday while waiting for Harry was that pregnant women aren't allowed to Apparate or Disapparate as you might miscarry.

I had sent a Patronus to Gwen yesterday telling her that I wanted to talk to her today and that I would be coming by Floo-powder.

"Good luck," Harry says, giving me a last hug before I step into the fireplace and disappear.

"Good morning, Potter," Gwen greets me, helping me out of the fireplace.

"Good morning Gwen," I greet back while brushing the ashes from my clothes and Vanishing them with a simple spell.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Gwen asks, not unfriendly.

"Yes, I do," I say, trying to remember what I had thought of yesterday.

"Well, go on," Gwen smiles.

"As you know, I love playing Quidditch and I love the team but I'm afraid I'm going to have to step out the team for a while. It's not that I don't like the team anymore but I'm pregnant," I say, trying to keep calm.

"Oh. Well, um, congratulations. I'm a little sad you're leaving us-,"

"I'm coming back, don't worry," I say quickly, not wanting her to have the wrong impression.

"I'm glad to hear that. Congrats," Gwen says with a real smile.

"About the team, I know they'll get suspicious if I don't say anything but I'm afraid they'll tell others if I do tell them," I say, fiddling with my hair.

"Ah yes, that's a decision for you to make. If you want, you can tell them in a few minutes and make a Promise* with them," Gwen suggests.

(* a Promise is like an Unbreakable Vow but a little less harsh and you can do it with a bigger group. If you try to break the promise, your mouth gets shut and won't open until the person who you made the Promise to lets you talk again)

"Ok, fine," I say, taking a deep breath.

I feel a little bit underdressed, walking on to the pitch, with my jeans and jumper next to Gwen who is wearing her Quidditch gear.

"Ginny!" Val exclaims, runs to me and gives me a hug.

"You're back!" Aleisha squeals, joining Val, which eventually ends up in a group hug.

"Ladies, please let the poor woman breathe," Gwen says, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Where have you been?" Val asks, letting me go.