Chapter 49

Chapter 49: Muriel's goodbye

Ginny's POV:

"Ginny, it's your day off today isn't it?" Mum asks, after reading the letter we received.

"Um, yes. Why?" I ask, still a little tired.

"Would you mind coming along with me to Muriel? She's quite ill and she's complaining about how we haven't been around to see her yet. You know she favoured you over the others," Mum explains.

"Oh, sure, what time?" I ask again, making a cup of tea for me and Mum.

"I think after lunch, so you've got enough time," Mum tells me.

"Fine," I say, not unkindly, taking a seat.

After breakfast, I step into the shower and think about everything. About Teddy, who will be going out with Andromeda today, about Harry, who will be working pretty hard now, about Hermione, who will hopefully be returning from her travel in a few weeks time (she did come to my first match so I'm not complaining) and finally about myself, winning the match, happy with my family, friends and boyfriend.

I quickly wash my hair and then get out again. I magic myself dry and put on some suitable clothes.

When I come downstairs again, Mum asks me to help bake some things for Aunt Muriel. I know Muriel can be a little bit harsh and straight to the point sometimes but after what she did for me when I was a child, I don't mind. Muriel looked after me when Mum and Dad were away or when I wanted someone who I could spend some time alone with. With only a year between Ron and I, it was hard to get all the attention. Even though Aunt Muriel was already quite old at  that time, she spoiled me and I could always talk to her.

"What time will Andromeda be picking Teddy up?" I ask Mum.

"We will be bringing him and we'll go straight to Muriel after dropping him off," Mum says, popping the biscuits in the oven.

"Oh, okay," I say, washing my hands and picking Teddy up.

I put him on my lap and jiggle him around a little. He giggles and babbles happily in his own little language.

I take my wand from my pocket and  start forming bubbles with them. Teddy looks at them in awe and tries to catch them. He looks quite surprised when a bubble pops on his nose. I laugh and continue.

"Ginny and Teddy, lunch is ready," Mum calls.

I put Teddy in his high chair and start feeding him mashed up vegetables. He has been crying quite a lot lately but we think it's because he's started teething. We often give him his chewing ring but we're sticking to soft and mashed vegetables at the moment.

When we're finished, I take Teddy upstairs to change him in some warmer clothes. He's wrestling a little bit but I ignore it at first. When I try to get his jumper on, he tries to bat my hand away. Him not cooperating annoys me enough but this is going too far.

"Edward! If you want to go out with your grandma, you had better start cooperating with me or you won't be going!" I say sternly.

He looks at me with big eyes but he doesn't seem to know what he's done wrong.

"You don't start hitting people Ted! You could hurt people and especially when I'm just trying to help you!" I continue. He looks as if he's going to cry so I quickly put on his jumper and socks.

When I finish, I pick him up and hug him.

"Do you understand Teddy?" I ask him.

Teddy nods his head and says, "Sowwy."