Chapter 43

I've decided to keep Lavender alive after a request from someone✨😌

Chapter 43: A Ministry Visit

We (Ron, Erin and I) have decided to go to the Ministry after my birthday, in two weeks, and sign up for a training. I did feel a little sorry for Hermione but she said she wanted to stay home, see her parents more often and do some research before applying for a job.

Everyone has been asking me about what I want for my birthday but I really don't mind and don't even want anything. I'm quite happy at the moment. I talk to my parents quite often, Teddy is enjoying my presence and I'm enjoying his presence, we do loads of fun things and I'm just happy now.

I have been talking to Ron about moving into Grimmauld Place. It's in London so if we get into the training we can stay there. We haven't talked about it with Molly yet but we will when the time comes.

Ginny is really excited about tryouts for the Holyhead Harpies and I'm glad she's getting a chance to show her talents. She loves Quidditch and she practices quite often when the weather allows it. If I'm not flying around with her, she usually uses my broom because it's a little faster and flies a little smoother than her Shooting Star does.

"Hey Harry," Ginny says, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Hey Gin, how was it?" I ask, seeing she's been gone the whole afternoon.

"It was really fun! Luna had loads to tell and so did Parvati!" Ginny replies, putting down her three bags.

"How are they?" I ask again, wondering how Luna's doing.

"Oh she's doing fine. By the way, we saw Lavender too, she seems to be recovering from the serious injury she got from the Battle. Apparently her wounds were quite hard to Heal but she made it through. She was happy that it wasn't a full moon that day!" Ginny answers, taking off her cloak.

"So, what's in those bags?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing for you at the moment!" Ginny says secretly, picking them up and going upstairs, leaving me alone.

*

My birthday was pretty fun, it was warm so we were outside for most of the time. Hermione's parents also came as did a few friends from Hogwarts. I also had a little conversation with my parents which was just as special as they normally are.

Molly had made a lovely dinner and I got to spend some time alone with Ginny too.

*

Ron, Erin and I are currently on our way to the Ministry. We decided to take the visitors entrance.

We wait for a Muggle to pass and then try to fit in the cramped telephone box. Ron puts some coins in the machine and we just wait.

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business."

"Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Erin Miller here to sign up for Auror training," I tell the woman. After a minute or so, we get one badge each with our names and business on there.

We go slowly go down and wait until we've made it to the floor. We step out of the small box and wait for each other.

"And now?" Erin asks seeing she's never been here before.

"Just follow us. We have to there so they can identify our wands," Ron points to the place where a few people are standing waiting for their wands to be identified.

I takes a little while but eventually, we're on our way to level 2, Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Erin decided to come along with us so we're joining her when she goes to the Department of International Magic Cooperation. We get greeted by an older man who is sitting at a desk.

"Good morning, can I help you with anything?" He asks friendly.

"Well, Ron and I were invited by Minister Shacklebolt to sign up for an Auror Training," I tell him to which he smiles.

"Well, then you're at the right place. I am Williamson and I help all the Trainees, together with Robards. The training starts in September so make sure you're on time. You will both receive an owl with the precise date and time," the old man, named Williamson, tells us.

"Ok, thank you," Ron and I say.

"Do you have any questions?" Williamson asks again.

"Yes, I have two," I answer.

"Well, ask away."

"First of all, how are we supposed to call you as soon as we've started the training?" I ask, it's been on my mind since he started talking.

"You call me Auror Williamson or Sir but for now, you can just call me Williamson," he tells us to which I nod.

"And your second question?"

"Well, how long does the training take to become an official Auror?"

"It depends on how well you score. You will be taught loads and you will have to do loads of things you may already know. You will, however, have to do a test at the end and that will decide if you can go up a level. Most people become an official Auror after about three to four years," Williamson explains, searching through a drawer of his desk.

"Ok, thank you for the information," I thank him and wait until he's found what he was looking for.

"If you would just write down your names, age and address please," Williamson says, giving us a quill and a piece of parchment to write it down.

When Ron and I have done what he asked us to, we give the quill and parchment back.

"Thank you very much and we'll see you in September," Williamson smiles and puts the things back in the drawer.

"Oh and just one question, you won't judge me differently just because I'm Harry Potter, will you?" I quickly ask before we leave.

"Don't worry Mr Potter, we won't," Williamson replies with a smile.

"Thank you. Goodbye," I answer before we leave.

*

We arrive at The Burrow a little later than we had expected. We had a little bit of problems with Erin and some reporters from the Daily Prophet. I'm a little nervous about what's going to be in there tomorrow.

"Come in, dinner's just about ready!" Molly says as we enter the house.

"Oh, and Bill, Fleur and Victoire decided to come too!" Molly adds as she takes our cloaks.

I walk into the room to see Ginny (with Teddy on her lap) and Fleur (holding Victoire) sitting next to each other, having a conversation.

"Hey," I say to which they look up.

" 'Ello 'Arry! 'Ow are you?" Fleur says, standing up and trying to give me a hug with little Victoire in between us.

"Good! And you?" I return the question politely.

"Very good, zank you," Fleur smiles as she strokes Victoire's short strands of hair.

I tickle Victoire under her chin and she giggles as I do so. She grabs my finger with her little hands and holds it.

"You're a strong little baby, aren't you," I coo to which she smiles.

"You're very good weeth 'er 'Arry," Fleur compliments, smiling.

"Thank you Fleur," I grin, looking at Ginny who smiles back.

"You really are, with Teddy too," Ginny adds, handing me Teddy as soon as Victoire lets go of my finger.

"Thank you," I thank again as I place a kiss on Teddy's head and Ginny's cheek.

Well, I updated again😌 I would really appreciate a vote/ comment❤️
I just want to thank you so much for voting, commenting and reading so much! *wipes away a happy tear* We made it to 6k and I'm so proud! I'll try and update a little quicker next time though!

LLP