Chapter 88

Chapter 88: Lily's incident

The next morning, Teddy walks into the living room with a smile on his face.

I smile as I realise he took my advise from yesterday evening.

"You okay, Ted?" I ask him and he nods while making his way towards me.

I put the Daily Prophet down just before he sits on my lap.

"I talked to her, to Grandma, in my sleep. She came to me in my dream and she told me to let go of her, not forget but to let go of the pain. She then told me to be a good boy and not to wallow in my sorrow. I didn't have time to say anything back but it helped as a kind of final goodbye," Teddy smiles and I give him a hug.

"I'm glad it helped," I place a kiss on his head before Lily stumbles into the room, her vibrant red hair in two small bunches and her shirt on backwards.

"Why don't you go and help and entertain Lily while I make you breakfast. What would you like?" I ask him and he smiles.

"Can I have porridge? With a little bit of sugar?" he smiles sweetly. Ginny doesn't want him or any of the other children to have sugar in their porridge but I tend to forget that rule sometimes.

"Of course," I say with a wink before going downstairs.

As Winky and Kreacher have the day off today, I look for the milk and oatmeal and make it myself. Not that I mind because it was my idea after all for them to have a few days off, if they wished.

"So Ted, is there anything you'd like to do today? Or do you want to just stay home?" I ask my godson as soon as I've finished making his breakfast.

He smiles as he sees the sugar heart I made on top before replying.

"I think I'd like to paint today," Teddy says and I nod.

"And do you have any idea what you're going to paint yet?" I ask him again.

"Not exactly but I have some ideas," Teddy replies with a smirk on his face which tells me he does know but is keeping it a surprise.

It's a quiet day for me as Ginny took Albus and Lily to London to do some clothing shopping and James is in school.

It leads me to do some paperwork in my office at home. But most importantly, in peace. I must say, it's weird not to repeatedly hear 'DAAAD' or laughter throughout the day of (trying to) work at home.

By the time Ginny and all three kids arrive around half past four, I've managed to get all my work done.

Teddy is still in the playroom painting so I leave him be, knowing that he needs his time alone, especially after what just happened.

"Good afternoon," I welcome my wife and children as they take off their coats and put the bags down.

"Daddy!" James exclaims while holding his arms in the air.

I pick him up and say," Yes, James?"

"I had a very fun day today!"

"Did you? What made it fun?" I ask my enthusiastic son.

"At playtime I found a frog outside and I brought it back inside and then gave it to the teacher as a present! She screamed and it was really funny," James says proudly.

"I think James and the teacher have a different opinion on the meaning of funny," Ginny scoffs as she puts Lily on the ground to crawl.

I burst out laughing as James once again reminds me of his namesakes.