Chapter 64

Happy birthday Jo and Harry🎉
(and it would have been my birthday if I hadn't been a late baby😂)

Chapter 64: First appointment and telling

Over the past few weeks, two months even, Bill, Fleur, Victoire and Dominique haven't been attending the family dinners on Sunday, which is quite understandable, especially after the tiring birth of the youngest. Last week, they had finally decided to come until they called off because Victoire had a tummy bug.

Teddy was very upset when they couldn't come to his birthday last week but they promised him that they will come when they're all better.

Harry surprised Teddy by taking him to Hogwarts to see his parents (he doesn't fully recognise them or realise why they go there). I did want to come along but as they were going to go to Hogsmeade too, it would have been hard to Floo back. Luckily Teddy hasn't asked about his parents yet but I'm afraid the question might come soon. As much as I'd love for him to know the truth, he just turned five and I don't think he'll fully understand it yet. I have been talking to Harry about it and we decided that we will tell him the truth when he asks but not in a complicated or detailed way. We'll wait for that when he's older.

Teddy has started to notice that I'm sick almost every morning. I was a little worried at first as I wasn't sick every morning anymore but according to the book Harry and I brought about pregnancy, morning sickness isn't always regular.

*

On the day of our first check up, I'm awake very early.

I lay awake in bed for a while, listening to Harry's deep breathing until I get nauseous and have to run to the bathroom again.

After flushing the toilet, I lay both my hands on my swollen abdomen, a little bump actually, and think that the morning sickness will hopefully get less as the time passes.

I'm glad that I can walk down Diagon Alley without people seeing that I'm pregnant yet. The amount of attention I receive just for being married to Harry is already a lot.

After the appointment today, we'll hopefully be able to tell Teddy about the baby and maybe the family in four days.

I go downstairs to find Winky cleaning the top of the fireplace and the photo frames on it. The newest addition is a picture taken at our wedding of the two of us.

I smile when I see the photo and momentarily forget why I'm awake at six o'clock and downstairs.

"Mistress! I is sorry, I did not sees you or I would has greeted you immediately," Winky says, bowing low.

"It's alright Winky, don't worry," I wave it off.

"Would Mistress like to have breakfast?" Winky asks.

"No thank you, I don't think my stomach would appreciate having food at this time already," I reply friendly.

"Would Mistress like to have anything to drink?" Winky asks again, putting her cloth in her apron.

"Just some tea please," I smile, sitting down on the sofa and taking the Daily Prophet and quickly scanning through the paper. I don't really see anything interesting so I put it down again.

I feel my stomach churn again but I don't feel that I have to throw up yet so that's a good sign.

By the time that Winky has arrived with the tea, my stomach has settled down again so I sip my tea without any worries.

After an hour or so of dozing off and waking up again, Teddy arrives downstairs, almost falling down the stairs again and tripping over the umbrella stand.