Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Teddy!

"HARRYYY!" Ginny screams from her bedroom, now sprinting down the stairs.

Ginny and I both open the door to see Teddy and Andromeda with all Teddy's stuff.

"Awhh he is sooo cute," Ginny cries, welcoming Andromeda inside.

She was about to take him from Andromeda until she realises I'm still here too.

"Harry, you take him, he is your Godson," Ginny says quietly to me. My eyes are swelling with tears because, as Andromeda had said a week ago, Teddy really looks like Remus and Tonks.

"He is such a wonderful boy, he is even cuter than the picture Remus showed me. No Ginny, you take him, I'll probably drop him," I say, but Ginny shakes her head so I have to take him.

Ginny takes Teddy's stuff from Andromeda and offers her something to drink. She makes a cup of tea for us and for herself while I make Teddy a bottle of milk. When the tea and milk are ready, I tell Ginny that she can feed him but she tells me that I should be the one to. First Andromeda explains how to feed Teddy so I can do that first. When I finally have Teddy all settled Andromeda starts to explain other things about Teddy's behaviour and his eating habits and well, all the things we should know about baby's and Teddy.

"Well, is there anything more you would like to know?" Andromeda asks as she finishes telling us what she wanted to tell us.

"Well, yes, would you like having Teddy over like once in two or three weeks?" I ask, seeing Teddy is still her grandson.

"If you wouldn't mind," Andromeda says with tears in her eyes.

"Of course not! Teddy is, of course still your grandson," Ginny replies as if she's reading my mind again.

Andromeda stays for a little while until she realises that she still had to go somewhere. Ginny, Teddy and I say our goodbyes and Andromeda leaves after giving Teddy one more kiss on his head.

Everything goes well until Teddy starts to cry, Ginny starts to panic but I try to stay calm and see if his nappy needs to be cleaned. As that it the case, I lie him down for me to clean his nappy, as Andromeda had showed him.

"Well Teddybear, let's have a look, do you need a clean nappy?" I ask the boy, joking.

Teddy starts laughing as I start blowing raspberries on his bare tummy. It takes me about ten minutes to cope with: A crying Teddy, trying to put on the nappy, cleaning Teddy's bum and a laughing Ginny.

"Well, it took some time but I finally got Teddy a clean nappy," I say proudly, as if I had defeated Voldemort for the third time.

Ginny can't stop laughing, still thinking about the funny sight she had just seen.

"Well, you can try it next time," I say, half-joking half-annoyed.

Just as Ginny was about to give me a kiss, Mrs Weasley comes rushing down the stairs. She has clearly forgotten that Teddy would come. Apparently, now he's done with the crying, Teddy wants some more attention so started gurgling.

"What was that?" Mrs Weasley asks, still not aware of the presence of Teddy.

"Teddy," Ginny says simply.