Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Ginny suprises everyone

Ginny's POV:

Harry and I finally return to the Burrow after about an hour. Nearly everyone is crying except for Harry, Hermione and, funnily enough, myself.

I take Harry upstairs to my room. I don't fancy staying downstairs where everyone is crying. Nothing against them because I know it's really sad but I'm done with crying.

"Aren't you sad?" Harry asks me curiously.

"Well I am but I find it very helpful to write things down. Not like in a girly diary but just in a little booklet. It really helps me to get over my fears and emotions. I don't think we should all grieve about Fred. There is no reason to cry and besides, he wouldn't want us to grieve about him being dead. He would want us to celebrate because Lord Voldemort is now gone, once and for all," I say, causing Harry to look very surprised at me.

"Wow, well said Gin," Harry compliments, making me turn red.

"To be truthful, I don't want to stay here if the rest of us will stay grieving," I say.

"Well, actually, I don't either but-" Harry starts, before being interrupted by me. "We could ask Mum and Dad if we could go to the Leaky Cauldron and stay there for a few days!" I say.

"Well, I just wanted to say: we could go to Grimmauld Place. I secretly had it cleaned so it would be an option for me to go there after this but I wanted to see how you were," Harry explains.

"Really? That is so kind but when did you go there?" I ask.

"When I told you I was going to my aunt and to Diagon Alley, just before your birthday," Harry tells me, looking a little guilty.

"That is a really good idea Harry! I hope Mum approves. It would be great and then we might be able to go into Muggle London! I have never been there before!" I exclaim, trying not to sound too excited.

"Well, let's go and ask first before we get too excited!" Harry laughs, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, shall I do the talking? Not that I'm really good at that but I'll try!" I say, hoping Mum won't be too sad.

We go downstairs to find everyone in the same place before we went upstairs.

"Mum!" I say firmly, getting the bawling baby from his cot.

"I'm not in the mood for talking right now, we are all grieving, as you can see," Mum cries, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue.

"MUM!! LISTEN TO ME," I shout, getting everyone's attention. "Look, I understand that you're sad because Fred died but he wouldn't want us to grieve, he would want us to celebrate the loss of Voldemort. He would want us to be happy because every child is now safe from Voldemort!"

"Ginevra Molly Weasley! You will not talk to your mother like that! If you don't want to grieve then fine but let us! Can't you see how sad we all are?" Dad says as Mum isn't in a state to tell me off.

"She is right!" George whispers, causing everyone to look shocked at him.

"I just wanted to ask something," I say, with a red face. "Can I go to Grimmauld Place with Harry so we can leave you all in peace to grieve. That way, we don't have to see you sad because we aren't in the way you are and you won't have to look at our happy faces!"

"Well n-.." Dad starts after thinking for a while.

"Of course Ginny, you may. Harry! Look after her!" Mum interrupts, looking up for a moment.