Chapter 46

Warning: there's going to be a time jump in the chapter. Not a huge one but it's a few months😉. Just thought you ought to know! I also wanted to thank you for all the views! I had been wishing to get 7k views before January 1st but it's about a week later and we're almost on 8k! How😳😌!?

Chapter 46: The Doe

(Still Ginny's POV)

After a week of training, I am extremely tired but it also gives me a new kind of energy. Harry has already visited twice, so that made my week a lot better. Apparently it's quite different for him too, but that's normal when you start new things. Teddy has been asking for Harry a lot so that's one of the reasons he came too. We decided that we would be spending the weekends together until I start playing matches.

Harry's quite happy about the Auror training at the Ministry. Ron is a little less enthusiastic but that's because he isn't used to that much work and the amount of information. Harry says it's quite useful information and it's quite funny because I'm starting to see a little bit of Hermione in him. I guess it's just something he really wants because otherwise he wouldn't be working so hard.

Everyone has been invited for dinner tonight  because of Hermione's birthday so I'm excited to see everyone again. I'd also like to know how Erin and Ron are coping with their training. I got Hermione something special so she would hopefully remember us when she's on her trip again. She's leaving tomorrow so I hope she enjoys it today.

I don't see Percy that often anymore so I hope that he will be joining us tonight. I think he's found someone because even after working, he doesn't always join us for dinner. Not that I really miss him because I know he's still here but he's still one of my brothers.

George, on the other hand, isn't keeping his relationship that secretive anymore. He told everyone last week and since then, I've already seen Angelina twice and probably tonight again. Not that I don't enjoy her presence, because she's a kind woman but she practically interviews all the time about the Harpies. I do like it but sometimes it's a little much.

*

"Ginny? Would you mind giving me a hand in the kitchen?" Mum asks while I'm reading.

"Sure," I put my book down and join her in the kitchen.

Together we make dinner and we decorate the cake for Hermione. It's quite a fun job to do so I get a little carried away. Mum just laughs at my decorations but says that Hermione will like it. The moment she puts away the cake, George and Angelina come walking in, holding hands.

"Good afternoon," I greet them.

"Are we the first?" Angelina asks, looking around.

"Yeah, but I guess Bill, Fleur and Victoire will be arriving soon," Mum tells her, also offering them a drink.

"Oh, great!" I say happily, excited to see my brother, sister-in-law and goddaughter.

Angelina and George help us with the rest of the decorations and we end up drinking tea on the sofa. When I look at the clock, I see Harry and Ron pointing to Traveling. I hope that means that they're on their way to The Burrow. And soon enough, Ron comes out of the fireplace, coughing a little bit.

"Couldn't you have told us you were coming?!" Mum scolds.

"Well, Harry and Erin are on their way now," Ron says, smiling hopefully.