Chapter 30

Chapter 30: The last few days

As soon as we make our way out of the crowd of cheering Gryffindors, Ginny takes me up to the castle, to the Hospital Wing.

Madam Pomfrey doesn't even look surprised when she sees me, which doesn't surprise me either.

*

After about two hours in the Hospital Wing, I finally got released. We reviewed the match and complimented everyone, including Hermione for the commentating.

We laugh a lot and we then we decide to make our way to the Great Hall for dinner. Ginny keeps telling Erin how good she was in the match. I agree with Ginny because Erin was really good.

I'm really looking forward to going to The Burrow for Christmas. I love Mrs and Mr Weasley like my own parents and they treat me like one of their children. I'm also looking forward to seeing my Godson again. When we leave Hogwarts, I'm going to really make it up to him for not seeing him for a year.

Ginny's POV:

Harry takes a treacle tart for dessert and I copy him because I love treacle tart too. I'm really proud of the whole Gryffindor team. We made a (nearly) new team this year. Only Harry, Ron and I aren't new to the team. Eliza and Ryan did a great job by keeping Bludgers away from us Chasers. Erin and Macy were brilliant and fast so they managed to get to the goals quickly. Harry was incredibly quick in finding the Snitch and even Ron had quick reflexes.

After all finishing we headed back to the common room and now we're all sitting by the fire. We make a little bit of homework and after that we go to bed.

*

The days pass and soon it's the day before leaving for The Burrow! Both Erin and Mum are really excited to see each other. I'm excited too but I'm glad that Erin is happy too.

Hermione already finished packing a few days ago but Erin and I still need to start. Whoops!

"Erin, we still need to pack! Shall we do that now?" I ask as we enter the common room.

"Yeah sure!" Erin replies, already loosening her tie. I copy her because the tie is bloody tight thanks to Hermione who always does mine (I still can't do it!).

We go to our dorm and the first thing I do is decide which clothes to wear now and which clothes I want for the train journey tomorrow. For now I pick my jogging bottoms and a t-shirt and for tomorrow I choose my jeans and a purple cardigan. I put on my camping outfit (as I call it) and throw my uniform on the chair next to my bed.

I start packing and Erin does too after putting on her clothes, just like me.

"Thank you so much for having me over for Christmas!" Erin thanks, stopping with packing for a moment.

"Really, it's nothing!" I say, putting a pair of clean socks in my trunk.

She smiles and then carries on with packing.

*

After talking a lot, we finally finish packing. We shut our trunks and put them on the floor at the foot end of the bed.

We walk back to the common room and see Harry, Hermione and Ron sitting with each other by the fire. It's nice to see the three of them together like that again. Before Erin and I barged in, they were always so cute together, just the three of them. Always, well nearly always, spending time with each other, especially in their second year and from their fourth year and forth.

We eventually decide to join them. I sit on Harry's lap, surprising him, and Erin sits next to Hermione, on the floor.

"So, we're going home tomorrow, finally!" Ron sighs.

"I know! I'm really excited to see Teddy!" Harry exclaims. I know how much he has wanted to see Teddy since Hallowe'en.

*

Just a few minutes before the bell, Professor McGonagall tells us to put our books and wand away. I'm glad it's the day we go home because otherwise we would have had double History of Magic and Herbology. Professor McGonagall was probably in a kind mood when she decided to give everyone the last three hours off to pack, if you hadn't yet, or to do some things with your friends before you leave for home. Not that any of those reasons really count for us because we already packed and our whole 'gang' is staying with each other for the holidays.

"I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year!" Professor McGonagall says.

We all thank her and when the bell goes, we all leave the classroom fast and we hurry to Gryffindor Tower. We bump (not really) into Fred on our way to the common room, who wishes us a merry Christmas and then floats away.

I'm sorry for the short chapter but I hope one of the next will be longer! School has started again so...😔😭