Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Surprising Talks

Harry, Ron and Hermione return after about an hour, Hermione with tear tracks on her cheeks and Ron looking very surprised and touched too. I give Harry an encouraging smile, which he returns.

"Harry, I'm so happy for you!" Hermione says.

"Thank you Hermione," Harry thanks, smiling.

George stands up and walks to the kitchen, to Mum. Harry takes the vacant seat. Just before George enters the kitchen, he gives Harry a wink.

Harry wraps his arm around my shoulders and asks, "How are you and Tedster?"

"I'm fine, more than fine actually and Teddy is asleep so I think he'll be fine too!" I reply, smiling.

"I'm glad you're fine!" Harry says, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Oh, before I forget, Mum wants us to go to Luna's early tomorrow because she wants us to be back when Hagrid and Andromeda leave," I inform him.

"That's fine, just wake me up on time because I don't know if I'll be able to wake up by myself!" Harry laughs, ruffling Teddy's hair.

"Here, do you want him?" I ask.

"If you don't mind?" Harry replies, looking hopeful.

"No of course not!" I exclaim, handing him the sleeping boy.

Harry lays Teddy against his chest like I had him. Teddy stirs a little bit and scrunches his face up but he doesn't wake up.

"Did you have a nightmare Teddy? I used to have them loads too," Harry whispers to Teddy. Teddy relaxes his face and lays still again.

We talk for a little bit until Andromeda comes and sits on the other side of Harry.

"Hello Andromeda," Harry and I greet her.

"Hello Harry and Ginny," Andromeda greets back happily.

"How are you?" I ask Teddy's grandmother.

"Old but I'm a happy old woman," Andromeda replies, looking at Teddy.

"Can we help you with something?" Harry asks worriedly.

"No my dear boy, you already helped me. I just wanted to thank you both for looking after Teddy so well, he absolutely adores you two! I also wanted to thank you for the amazing book you made for me about Teddy with loads of pictures and stories in it. Remus and Nymphadora couldn't have chosen a better godfather and godmother," Andromeda compliments, her eyes shining. I'm really touched because Andromeda called me Teddy's godmother, in a good way though.

"Thank you very much Andromeda. We made the book with pleasure and we love Teddy loads too, we want Teddy to feel loved," Harry explains.

"Teddy does often cry when you're at Hogwarts because he misses you. He sometimes even whimpers when I put him to bed and then mumbles your names," Andromeda says, looking a little sad.

"But he loves you too Andromeda, don't doubt that!" I say quickly.

"I can see if I can really arrange this time with McGonagall if I can come home once in the two or three weeks," Harry suggests, looking at Teddy.

"That would be really kind and Teddy and I would really appreciate that. Sometimes he cries uncontrollably and I don't know what to do with it!" Andromeda tells us.

"But Teddy should learn that I can't always be with him!" Harry says sternly.

"I know. Did Molly tell you that Teddy comes to mine for two nights instead of one?" Andromeda asks unsure.