Chapter 75

Chapter 75: Belly buddies

It's Sunday which means it's time for us to go to the family dinner again.

I'm about fourteen weeks pregnant and my ultrasound is tomorrow. I have already started to show a little bit so Harry and I have decided to tell the family tonight. We will be telling James  and Teddy in a few minutes when Harry gets out of the shower. James probably won't understand what it means but Teddy will.

Gwen was a little upset when I said I was pregnant again and that I would be stopping permanently with the reason of having five amazing years with the team and winning lots of matches but I wanted to be at home more for my children. She understood and thanked me multiple times. We had a team outing as a kind of goodbye dinner for me. I was very thankful for everything and it was hard to say goodbye to my friends but especially Val was quite emotional. I promised that I would come to all the matches I could and that I will be their loudest supporter.

"Are you ready to tell them?" Harry asks after getting dressed.

"Yeah," I smile, putting my hand on my slightly swollen stomach.

"Teddy?" I call when we arrive downstairs.

Harry is already holding James and Teddy comes towards us.

"Yes," Teddy sits down next to me and looks at us.

"Well, we wanted to tell you something. James probably won't understand yet but you will Ted," Harry smiles.

"Okay," Teddy smiles proudly and looks curious.

"We're expecting another child so you'll both become an older brother," I say and Teddy's face lightens up.

"I'm going to have another brother or sister!" Teddy exclaims, jumping up and down excitedly.

"You're going to have a brother or sister James," Harry tells him.

"Brudder?"

"Or sister," Harry finishes. James seems happy so I hope he understands.

"Where?" James asks again, looking around.

"In here," I point at my tummy and James looks very interested.

"How it get dere?" James asks which makes us both laugh.

"That's a story for when you're older," Harry laughs.

"Can I feel it again?" Teddy asks and I nod.

When we're all ready to go, we step into the fireplace and Floo over to The Burrow.

When we arrive James squeals at the sight of Freddie and he toddles over to the sitting infant. He sits down next to him but as Angelina is watching over them, I leave them to greet the rest.

"Good afternoon Mum," I wrap my arms around my mother.

"Hello Ginny," she smiles and tries to place a kiss on my cheek.

When I arrive to give Hermione a hug, she's beaming and unknowingly putting her hands on her belly. I notice and drag her to the hallway where no one can hear us.