Chapter 85

So, I went to Paris last week and I met Rebecca Mader!! 💚 She was so sweet and I was almost screaming, I was so happy!!

Chapter 85: Lily's gone?

After having decided that we would be celebrating Christmas with just the six of us, everyone understood immediately. We only saw a few people as Lily really did need a lot of care. Of course, Teddy, James, Erin and Mum were all willing to help with her which made it a little easier. Of course, James and Teddy did the small things like reading a story for her or being there when she had a bath but I appreciated it either way.

It's been such a relief having Lily at home. To our surprise, she doesn't wake up a lot during the night and we can usually sleep until the alarm goes off. It's been amazing to be able to cuddle with her without several wires and tubes in the way to worry about. Just one, the feeding tube, but as she's been doing really well, she'll probably have it gone in a few weeks. At least, that's what Margaret said yesterday.

Christmas was amazing as it was calm, warm, cozy and fun. James was really eager to help Lily unwrap her gifts as she couldn't do it herself and we let Teddy hold her for a little bit.

When Luna came over with her boys, we told her Lily's full name together with asking her to be Lily's godmother. I can't remember seeing Luna so happy, except for when she had just given birth. Harry had also gone to Hogwarts to ask Hagrid if he wanted to be Lily's godfather. According to Harry, he had almost been crushed by the half-giant in a hug. Harry had also asked Severus if he wanted to be Lily's other godfather and Harry said that Severus had had a faint smile on his face.

*

It's currently the second week of January and James is at school and Harry is at work, finishing the last bits before Robards can give him the title of Head Auror. Teddy is playing with Albus in the playroom and Lily and Hope are in the Baby Box. Just like her mother, Hope is incredibly careful, despite being just 7 months, with Lily and Lily seems to like Hope's company.

They seem to get along really well and it brings a smile to my face when I see them together. Hope always makes sure to push the pacifier towards Lily is she cries, which she doesn't do very much (at least not for a baby that age), and it really melts my heart. Erin and I have both been fantasising about what they will be like when they're older, especially as they will be in the same year now.

Weird enough, at five months, Lily has already been showing a few signs of magic. They've been tiny but one time when we held her under the shower, under extreme supervision, she did not want to and was bawling. When the water was about to hit her, she held her hand above her head and her hand warded off the water for a good seven seconds. Harry and I were both really surprised, especially because the only one who has shown signs of magic is Teddy and he's a good nine years older and even James and Albus haven't shown any magic yet.

*

Today is the day Lily's feeding tube gets taken out. Lily has been doing really well, she's (mostly) a happy and a quite healthy baby.

My parents are also coming around for dinner tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. I haven't seen them that much because with Lily there have been quite some complications and we were still a little hesitant about going to the family dinners every time.

They're now once a month which will make it easier to come but now that Lily's feeding tube will be out by the end of the day, we probably will try to come every time.

I know I've seen Mum a lot in the past months because she was really willing to help us with Lily, as Lily needed that a lot, but now that Lily has almost been declared healthy, it should be different.