Chapter 32

Important author's note at the bottom so please read! Finally an update! Soz for letting you wait so long!

Chapter 32: Preparations for Christmas

"Mum? Have you invited any others over for Christmas?" Ginny asks, eating her breakfast.

"Well, I invited Andromeda, Fleur's family and Hagrid, and Hermione's parents of course. Hermione and Arthur will be picking them up this evening at Kings Cross. They'll then Apparate here and then they'll be here for a few days! Till New Years actually," Molly answers, giving me second helpings.

"That's nice! I'm really happy for Hermione that she can finally see her parents again, a nice Christmas present," I say, taking a sip of my coffee. I try not to think about my parents too much but it's hard when your friends will both see their parents over Christmas and then there's me, who has no parents anymore. I would do anything to see my parents again but I'm afraid I won't ever again.

"That's what I thought too, Hagrid might be a little late but he said he'd come. I thought Andromeda would like to spend Christmas with Teddy and you and I realised that you'd want to spend Christmas with him too!" Molly says, waving her wand at the dishes.

"Are we going to Diagon Alley before Christmas or not?" Hermione asks, as she enters the kitchen.

"I do need some stuff, you can come along if you want!" Molly answers.

"I am, if you don't mind," I say, wanting to buy some things for everyone.

After asking everyone around the house, we came to a conclusion that Molly, Fleur, Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Erin and I are going to Diagon Alley.

"I want you all ready in an hour, hopefully Diagon Alley won't be to busy!" Molly says, clearing the table.

I walk back upstairs with Ron to his room. I find the beaded bag Hermione gave to me after the War and I put some stuff in there. After a while, I suddenly remember something I still had to do and something else I've been wanting to do for a very long time. I get my cloak and I rush downstairs again to find Molly.

"Molly!" I pant, tired of running from the attic to the ground floor.

"Yes dear?" Molly asks, finishing a letter.

"Well, um, I just realised that I've forgotten something to do at Hogwarts and something else I've been doing loads of research on which is quite important for me, I was wondering if I was allowed to go to Hogwarts today and do the things I actually want do. May I go?" I ask nervously.

"You should ask Minerva for permission but you have my permission though!" Molly replies, smiling.

"Thank you!" I thank.

I get my wand and I conjure a Patronus.

"Professor McGonagall, I was wondering if you could give me permission to come to Hogwarts by Floo-Powder. There is something I have desperately wanted to do for a long time. I won't be staying long but it would make me feel happier. Harry," I say, sending the Patronus to McGonagall.

I walk back upstairs again to find my key to my vault at Gringotts.

While looking through my rucksack, which I left at The Burrow, I come across the bag Hagrid gave me for my seventeenth birthday. I open it to find the Snitch which Dumbledore left me and the piece of the mirror Sirius left me.

After a few minutes, just before we leave, I receive a Patronus back from McGonagall.

"I do not know what you have to do but I think I don't have to know either, of course you may. I'll see you at half past four if that's okay with you? I will see you then, Minerva McGonagall," the Patronus said.