Chapter 41

Chapter 41: The last few days

"Just one more week of studying hard and then we're free from studying!" I groan.

Harry doesn't look too happy but I understand why. It's not that he likes exams but it means just two and a half more weeks until we finish and leave school. I know he likes The Burrow with its inhabitants but Hogwarts was his first real home.

"Finally! I'm done with all the bloody studying!" Ron joins in, closing his book with so much noise that nearly the whole common room looks up.

I think I have to agree with Harry about Hogwarts being my home too but not my first. I can't wait to see my goddaughter, Victoire, and Teddy. Fleur has already sent us loads of pictures. Apparently Teddy and Victoire have a really good bond already.

"I don't really know if I like it or not to finish school. I haven't been here for long but I do feel like Hogwarts has accepted me for who I am," Erin says, also closing her book but without everyone looking up.

"Yeah, do you have any idea what you want to do when we finish?" I ask Erin.

"I don't know how many people want me because of what I am," Erin looks really hurt.

"Oh Erin! Everyone would want someone like you! You're happy, cheerful, special and if you want something, you will always do your best to accomplish it!" I stand up and sit next to her.

"Thank you Ginny," Erin sniffs, wiping away some tears.

"But you haven't answered my question yet. What do you want to do when we've finished Hogwarts?"

"I'd really like to work at the Ministry of Magic," Erin laughs as if it's a funny joke.

"Then I will personally go to Minister Shacklebolt and I will make him want to have you as Ministry Worker!" I say, making my decision.

Erin laughs through her tears, "What would I do without you?"

"Well, you wouldn't be getting a job at the Ministry!" I joke.

"I'm going to bed," Harry suddenly says out of nothing.

"I'll be going too," I add, realising how tired I actually am.

"Okay, I'll be coming soon too," Hermione says, writing something down.

*

We still have our last Quidditch match of the year and of our school year. At the moment, we're just about even with Hufflepuff so we have to win this match to win. The match is just after the NEWTs but we're already talking about it. It would be amazing to win our last match.

"But what do you want to do after graduation?" Harry asks as we pack our stuff. We're alone so I can just be truthful.

"I want to do something with Quidditch or Healing at Saint Mungo's," I say quietly.

"That would be amazing wouldn't it?" Harry says cheerfully.

"Yeah but I'm afraid I won't be able to," I reply looking a little sad.

"Anything's possible if you have enough nerve for it," Harry says with a wink.

"I know, I like that quote though," I smirk, rethinking what Harry had just said.

"Come on, let's go to the common room," Harry says, swinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Okay! Ugh, why is my bag always so heavy!?" I groan as I try to put over my shoulder.