Chapter 50

Chapter 50: The Stag

"Ginny, we just wanted to thank you for looking after Harry. I know it sounds weird but thank you. He's a lot more cheerful and happy," Lily thanks.

I had decided to have a conversation with them seeing I can't talk with Muriel anymore. I often feel bad about talking to Lily and James (and sometimes Sirius but he usually visits his portrait in Grimmauld Place, which Harry put there) because Harry isn't able to. I told him once but he said he didn't mind at all.

"It's been my pleasure," I smile.

"Do you know when Harry comes back?" James asks me after our conversation.

"Well, it's nearly May so I think on Friday," I reply, thinking of two years ago.

"Our little boy is really growing up! He'll be 20 won't he?" Lily asks, wiping away a tear.

"Yes he will," I confirm.

"He'll be getting a letter from the Ministry. I think he'll be surprised about-" James says before Lily interrupts.

"James, don't spoil the surprise, his girlfriend is sitting right here!"

I received a letter from the Ministry a few weeks after Aunt Muriel died. It said that she had left me something in her will. They didn't specify what is was but apparently Muriel had asked for it to be a surprise until the time was right. Mum does know but she won't tell me.

"I won't tell him," I say, pretending to lock my mouth.

"I believe you. When is your next match actually? Harry told be about all the other matches he attended but I was wondering when your next one was," James asks interested.

"Boys! All they want to talk about is Quidditch!" Lily scoffs but failing to hide a smile.

"Next week," I tell James, laughing at Lily's reaction.

"Well, if I don't speak to you before then, good luck!" James says.

"Thank you," I thank, worrying a little bit about the match. My muscles still ache from the training we had two days ago.

"Ginny! Dinner's ready!" Mum calls from downstairs so I say goodbye to James and Lily and then go downstairs.

*

"Happy Birthday Teddy!" Harry says as he steps out of the fireplace.

"Tank oo!" Teddy thanks, returning Harry's hug.

We all congratulate the boy and then start breakfast. Teddy is quite proud because he's already two! He tells everyone in the room and he even tries to have a conversation with Victoire but she doesn't really talk back.

After breakfast, Harry and I decide to give our present first. When Teddy opens it, he can barely contain his excitement.

Harry and I had decided on a toy broomstick. Harry had seen it when we went to Diagon Alley a few weeks ago and insisted to get it for Teddy. I agreed after talking to him about what restrictions we would put on the broom.

Teddy thanks us as thanks the rest after opening his presents. He enjoys crawling/walking and falling around the garden and the house for the rest of the day.

Teddy insists that Harry teaches him how to ride his broomstick. Harry laughs and takes him to the backyard.

Teddy seems to be enjoying himself because the only thing I can hear is him giggling and squealing. He and Harry are both tired when they enter the house again and Harry lays down on the sofa, panting from running after Teddy.