Chapter 60

Please, please, pleasee read the AN at the end of this chapter!

Chapter 60: The honeymoon

Harry's POV:

(During the wedding)

After seeing Ginny disappear to get changed, Aunt Petunia (who came with Dudley to my surprise) asks me if I want to go for a little walk.

After one last glance at Dudley, we set off. For a moment, no one says anything but soon enough Aunt Petunia takes me by surprise by embracing me.

"Lily would have been so proud of you! You know, when I received the invitation, I doubted whether or not to go. I didn't want to, partly because of the letter I had once sent to the previous Head of this school but I realised that I couldn't do this to you and I couldn't do this to Lily either. Lily probably isn't happy with me already, I don't want to anger her more," Aunt Petunia says softly.

"What about my father?" I ask curiously.

"I met him once, well actually twice. Our first encounter wasn't exactly pleasant but it was Christmas in Lily's last year. It was snowing and I was home for once. I wasn't exceptionally kind to Lily at that time so I disliked James too because he was like her. Even though she tried to be kind to me, I didn't return the kindness. The second time was at their wedding, which our parents had forced me to go to. I am glad I went because it was truly beautiful. I had a short conversation with Lily afterwards but it ended up in deciding not to see each other again. I just feel so bad for treating you that way that I really don't know what I can do to make it up to you," Aunt Petunia tells me, looking really sad.

"You can make it up to me by telling me more stories of my mum when you were both younger," I say, not unkindly.

"Why don't you stop by after your honeymoon, I might have some pictures of us and I can tell you more," she suggests, looking at the castle.

"I will," I smile.

She gives me one last hug and then suggests to go back, wondering if Dudley is still coping with all the magic and the wizards and witches.

While walking back, with a smile on my face, I bump into Ginny, who is wearing the dress I absolutely love. We walk back to the party together. While we're talking, the first song gets announced and we start dancing.

*

After saying goodbye to Teddy, which was very hard, Ginny and I leave for the manor to get our suitcases for our holiday in Greece.

When we arrive at the manor, it feels really weird. It has changed so much compared to the first time I visited.

While Ginny gets the tickets, I go to the bedroom to get out suitcases. The bed is already made and the vase on the small cupboard is full with flowers. I can't wait to live here with Ginny and Teddy but right now, I'm going to enjoy our honeymoon.

"Harry? Are you coming?" Ginny calls from downstairs.

"Yes!" I call back, closing the door behind me.

I think it's going to take a while to get used to having so much space. I think the chances of me getting lost here in the first few weeks are quite big.

As Ginny and I had decided to have a honeymoon completely in the Muggle way, we walk to the nearest bus stop and take the bus to the airport.

"I'm really excited!" Ginny whispers in my ear.

"So am I," I return, grinning.

"Next stop: Heathrow Airport," a voice says which makes Ginny jump.