Chapter 55

Chapter 55: The trial of Dolores Umbridge

"Merry Christmas," I reply, happy to be back again.

Together, we walk the last bit, holding hands.

"Especially the Hermione, Erin, Mum and I were extremely worried. Ron started to get anxious about a week ago because he had already been home for two weeks. You did miss a few things. Percy announced his relationship with Audrey a week after you left. I forgot to tell you during our conversation. I also forgot to tell you that Teddy is constantly walking now. He also likes to fly on his broom but we agreed that he was only allowed to fly if one of us is with him. Mum didn't know if you were coming but she made enough food just in case," Ginny tells me as we walk back.

When I walk through the door, Teddy comes running at me and hugs my legs. I pick him up and hold him close. He too is sobbing and I have to try hard to keep myself together.

"Hawwy! You back!" Teddy sobs.

"Yes, I'm back," I assure him.

I put him down and embrace Molly, who has tears rolling down her face, and Erin and Hermione, who look really pleased to see me. I even embrace Ron shortly but then walk into the living room, where the rest of the family is. I realise that Angelina and Andromeda have joined us for Christmas this year too and so has Percy with someone I don't know.

"Hi! I'm Audrey!" the woman introduces herself.

"Hi! You probably know how I am already," I say, not unkindly.

"Yeah, I do," she smiles.

" 'Arry eet ees so good to see you again! We were all very worried!" Fleur says, standing up and giving me a hug.

"It's good to see you too!" I say.

After greeting everyone, Ginny tells me that she wants to speak to me in private.

"Don't worry too much and just enjoy everyone's presence," Ginny says.

"I'll try to," I reply, smiling.

"I love you," she says, giving me a short kiss.

"I love you too," I grin.

During the rest of the evening, Ron and I exchange our stories about our adventures and I often hear Molly, Ginny or Fleur gasp. I also listen a lot to Teddy and the others.

I kept my promise to Ginny. I was extremely tired but it was worth it. It was amazing to have the whole family around me again.

*

At the end of the holiday, I receive a letter from Robards, saying that he was impressed with our work and he also said that Dave has mentioned me saving him. He gave us full marks and said that he would gladly see us back after the holiday. Robards said that because of us, the group of Death Eaters who were in the shack have been caught and are getting trials.

Robards has changed. At the beginning of training last year, all he could do was complain about what we were doing wrong, now he's a lot kinder, less scary and he gives compliments easier.

*

During one of the first trainings of the new year, Lanette enters the room and asks Robards something. He nods and continues with what he was doing.