Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Godric's Hollow

It's a leather book, probably one of the only things that hasn't been broken.

Harry carefully picks it up and opens it. He gasps and drops it, I quickly catch it before it falls on the floor.

"Can I look?" I ask quietly.

"Sure," Harry whispers.

I open it to find a picture of a newborn boy, who I assume is Harry. There is also a bit of writing.

Dear Harry James Potter,
This is a book which we will eventually give for you! We hope you enjoy reading this because we will write everything about your childhood!

Love Mum and Dad.

I also read the next piece of text.

Dear Harry,
We are so happy with you, our first child. It was a hard time for Lily though, going through her first pregnancy but it was all more that worth it.
You are our little bundle of joy when Lily had you, you still are. We decided to make Sirius your Godfather because he was basically a brother to me and I knew he would love to. Sirius really adores you and so does Remus. Don't worry because Lily and I love you loads too!
Sirius was the first to visit you and Lily in hospital, like a real friend does. My mother did too but she wanted to give us some privacy first.
We were aloud to bring you home after a few days. Lily had some friends over and so did I, well basically we have the same friends so that made it easier!
Alice and Frank came first, with their child Neville. He was born one day before you! Marlene also came over, seeing she was/is Lily's best friend.
Molly and Arthur also came over with one of their children (they have six at the moment), Ron. You and Ron had quite a good time together. Well, you just lay there but Ron was really careful.
We even made a picture but we forgot to give Molly and Arthur a copy. You will probably find all the pictures in the back of the book!
Lily is calling me now, to put you to bed!

Lots of love, Dad.

I am perplexed. I'm not even able to say something. I feel something hot rolling over my cheeks. I haven't even noticed that I've started to cry.

"Harry-" I croak.

"It's fine Ginny, it looks like they've written some more," Harry whispers.

"Now you mention it, but let's not look at it now. I think we should head back if you're alright with that," I suggest.

Harry nods and we walk through the door again. We hold each other tightly and then Apparate back to Hogsmeade. It's a bit chilly outside now so we walk a little faster than usual.

When we arrive back in the Common Room, Ron looks really angry and Hermione looks worried.

"Where the bloody hell were you!" Ron roars, getting red in the face.

"Ron! Calm down!" I exclaim.

"Not until you tell me where you went to!" Ron demands, now standing up.

"Ron! We were at Godric's Hollow okay! Now stop moaning!" I yell, not wanting Ron to spoil Harry's evening.

"Oh," Ron mumbles, looking a little guilty.

*

The time flies and soon Harry and I are left alone in the Common Room, sitting near the fire.

"Thank you so much Ginny," Harry suddenly thanks, moving closer towards me.

"You're more than welcome, you seemed so sad when we were in Hogsmeade so I decided to ask McGonagall," I reply, also moving closer towards him.

"It meant really much to me, you know!?" Harry says, putting his arm around me.