Chapter 86

Yes, I'm still alive but I'd really appreciate if you read the AN at the bottom! Thank you all for your patience!

Chapter 86: Time flies

I cry out and try to reach out but I'm still not able to. I hear someone calling my name and I turn around to see Harry running towards me.

He embraces me and I sob into his chest. After a few minutes he starts to shake me.

"Ginny, listen to me," he starts.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save her, I tried but I couldn't kill you," I cry.

"Ginny," he repeats and shakes me again.

I wake up, gasping and see Harry sitting next to me, his hair all ruffled and looking extremely worried.

"Harry!" I sob and he holds me close.

"It's all fine, it was just a dream," Harry says soothingly.

I sit up right, get up and run to Lily's room. With Harry following me, I open the door once I've reached it.

"See, she's fine. She's peacefully sleeping," Harry puts his arm around my shoulder.

I bury my head in his shirt and breathe in deeply.

"Come on, let's go back to bed. We still have a few hours until they all wake up," Harry leads me back to our room.

As I get in bed, Harry turns the lights off and takes his glasses off again. Once he gets in the bed, I snuggle into him and fall into a dreamless sleep.

When I wake up, it's already light and Harry isn't next to me anymore. I have to listen again to realise that I don't hear Lily crying.

I go to check on her but her cot's empty. I get a mini panic attack but then realise that Harry is probably downstairs with all the kids and decided to let me sleep.

"You look well rested," Harry smiles when I enter the room.

He's sitting on the floor, trying to teach Lily to sit, together with the help of Albus. Teddy and James are at the table, playing a game.

"You don't," I smile while pointing out his dark circles under his eyes.

"It took a long time to wake you up and after that I wanted to make sure you were safe and asleep before I did. Although, Lily was kind enough to let me sleep half an hour longer than usual," Harry replies before Lily giggles at the sound of her name.

"How kind of Lily," I tickle her under her chin before giving Harry a quick kiss.

"You didn't have to do that," I tell him but the smile remains on his face.

"But I did. And I'd do it again if I needed to," Harry strokes my cheek.

"And this is why I love you," I smile and give him one last kiss before joining Teddy and James at the table.

*

On Valentine's Day I get woken up by the usual tune of my husband singing my embarrassing poem from my first year.

"Shut up," I groan and put my pillow over my head.

"Not going to happen," Harry smiles and takes the pillow from me.

"Now cheer up, it's Valentine's Day, so get up and take a shower," Harry gives me a kiss which immediately wakes me up.

"Of course, sir," I smile and stand up.

To my surprise the shower is already on and there's a little gift in the sink. I open it and see, or rather smell, a new soap which smells of rosewater and jasmine. Honestly, it smells amazing.