Chapter 79

Chapter 79: The beauty of a family

"So, welcome everyone," I start my speech as all the Trainees listen. Robards had decided to leave me alone after making sure that what I'm about to say contains the information on the piece of parchment he gave me.

"You all probably know me but I will properly introduce myself. I am Harry Potter, or Auror Potter as they call me here. I will be informing you all about what you can expect in the next couple of years. There is also a chance that I will be there to help you through the first semester of training," I continue.

After telling them everything I had planned and mostly what I was told quite some years ago now, I let them get to know each other better.

Somewhere in the afternoon, Robards comes to have a look and he smiles when he sees that everyone is busy and that most of them have a smile on their face too.

"Congratulations," Robards says when everyone has gone. He gives me a few pieces of parchment on which the planning of the first semester has been written.

"They all seemed enthusiastic and you answered all their questions neatly. I hope you won't mind to be training them until February," Robards adds.

"I would be delighted. It seemed like an interested group today," I smile and take the planning.

"It did, especially after you told them about your own experiences with becoming an Auror. Now, go home to your family and prepare yourself for tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have someone to help you soon but I think you'll manage them by yourself for the time being," Robards pats my shoulder.

"Thank you Sir, goodbye," I nod my head and make my way to my office.

When I come home, I join the rest of the family at the table and we start eating dinner.

Before I know it, it's the weekend again and it's also the first time in quite a while that we're going to The Burrow for a family afternoon and evening. After the birth of George and Angelina's daughter, Roxanne, and Percy and Audrey's daughter, Lucy, everyone, including us as Albus still wakes us up a lot, had been quite tired with the newborns that Molly had decided to wait until everyone was fit enough to come. Erin won't be coming today as she's quite tired with her first pregnancy.

We've also scheduled a visit to the Longbottoms as it's been a while since we've seen them. Of course, we received the birth cards of both their children, Frank and Alice, and we've had the pleasure to meet Frank already but as Alice is a new member to their family, we decided to wait for a little while until Hannah felt good enough for us to visit.

When we arrive at The Burrow, lots of family members coo over the three babies, Albus still included as seven month old. Hermione takes the opportunity to play with James and Fred. Molly (II) and Teddy are almost being throttled by Molly as she hugs them. It doesn't take long until Bill, Fleur and their girls arrive. Teddy then goes to give Victoire a shy hug.

Soon enough, we're all set with a drink and conversation topics keep popping up. One of those topics is also James's fourth birthday in about a month. We're still not sure how we're going to celebrate it and what we're going to do on his birthday.

*

"So, as I've mentioned before but you may not remember, I won't be able to be here to give you training tomorrow so I've arranged with Lanette that she'll register the names of all those who come, I expect you all to be there unless you're sick or have a different valid reason, and I've written down the things you all can practise tomorrow. Are there any questions?" I ask the group.

"Why won't you be here tomorrow?" a young woman called Mary asks.

"I have my son's birthday to attend. Next year he'll be going to school so this is his last birthday before going to school. Any other questions related to tomorrow?" I answer.