Scared

I never wanted this to happen. I knew if this happen, we wouldn't be able to share forever the way we first promised.

This is the last medicine i had drink before going back to the hospital. Just in time as he is going away.

"Before i go, can we eat dinner together?" He asked, i nodded.

Usually, people would hate seeing their love ones going away for some time. For me, this is the only time i could go and get treated better without him knowing it.

I hugged him tight before leaving him. Always this scared if this is the last one i would be able to do it.

"I'll miss you too." He gave me a kiss before going inside the gate.

I got into the hospital early in the morning for a routine check up. It was rather sad to go alone while seeing other people being accompanied by someone.

"There seems to have no progress in your last test."

I was devastated, the sentence got repeated in my head even after i had it finished. What if forever means nothing now?

Another few months had passed, i'm still greatly blessed i still get to watch his dimples. He's peacefully asleep, cuddled next to me. Too cute to witness this early in the morning. How i will definitely miss this.

He was out for a day for practices. I was glad. Today, i felt the sickness got worse. My body aches all over feeling it over taking my whole body.

Chanyeol's POV

I went home as fast as i could, wanting to hold her close again. This is by far the fastest time i could reach home. It was nearly midnight, she's probably already asleep. I can't wait to see her reaction.

I turned on the light as i went in. I startled upon seeing her at the floor.

"Jagi? (Y/n)-ah ..." i shook her, no answer. I picked her up and went to the hospital as fast as i could.

Her body was cold and her heartbeat seems weak. I've never felt this scared in my entire life. I never felt so scared losing her.

She was still lying hopelessly when we reach the hospital. Not knowing what to do and what to come. Just standing there, hoping for the best.

"She has been diagnose with blood cancer last year."

My heart felt like it stopped the moment i heard the doctor explained. She was stated last month that it had spread all over her body. I knew she was hiding something, just didn't know the struggle she had gone through.

I couldn't hold the tears anymore when i got the permission to go in. Even with her pale look, she was still stunning.

"Don't tell me this is why you didn't want any kids." I tear a bit, i held her hand close in my mouth.

"You could've told me so i didn't have to misunderstood you for not wanting one."

"If you did, i would've been by your side. I would've protected you."

"I still need you. I still want you here."

"You promised to love me."

"You promised a forever."

I couldn't hold the tears anymore.

Your POV

I sometimes wonder why it has to be me. Why it has to be when i was at the fullest of loving him. If i knew this earlier, i would've not promised him.

"You promised a forever." I suddenly heard. I opened up my eyes only to see Chanyeol sobbing.

How am i suppose to deal him now?

"I'm sorry."

He startled and looked up.

"You all right? Anything hurt? Want me to--"

"I won't be able to company you this Christmas. I might even not be able to see your comeback probably." I scoffed,

"No ... you will be able to company me. You just have to believe, because i do."

"We know i can't."

"You can ..." he starts to tear up again,

"I can't afford to lose you. You're the reason why i'm here. You're the reason why i have the urge to wake up."

He then took out his headphones and put it on me carefully. A tune started to play and by the guess of it, it's his comeback song.

It was beautiful and i'm lucky enough to be able to hear it first. Once it reach to his part, i couldn't hold my tears any longer.

"I'm scared."

He hugged me tight. What if i could never get enough of this?

"You will live long."

Few weeks had passed and i still didn't felt any changes. I knew i was becoming worse. I knew it by the way he smiles at me.

Chanyeol's POV

I rushed back to her hospital room only to find the empty bed.

"She got moved into the intensive care unit, it's down the hall." The nurse said.

"She caught a coma. We just have to hope the best for her."

I slid down on the floor. She can't just stay still like that.

"She left this with me a couple of days ago. I think it's best to give it now."

It was a blue box with a ribbon tied. I opened it only to find things that made me had flashbacks.

My dearest Chanyeol,

It's day 426 and i'm tired of this. I wish i could tell you how much you really mean to me. I wish i could hug you and tell you that i'm all right. I wish i could see that smile you always give when i wake up. I wish i could company you forever. I just couldn't. We both know that. I hope you will find someone who could give you everything and give that forever to you.

I know i wouldn't be able to say this in person but i love you so much and i will always do, no matter what. I'm sorry if i couldn't fulfill the promise i made.

"(Y/n)-ah ... i was going to give you this when i got home that day." I took out the ring that i wanted to propose her with.

I slid it through her finger, just hoping it will make her wake up. 

A month had passed, never felt this lonely before. I brought her favourites roses. I know she'll love them.

"Happy birthday." I stayed in silence.

I know you'll be able to keep the promise. So will i.

"I hope you're happy up there."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
[A/n] i really did tear up when i wrote this one. Sorry if it ends sad, i've been wanting to make sad ones but i'm not sure about the reactions. Hope you like it.

Xoxo,

ET 🌹