130: Learning Everything

Scott POV

I watch in horror as the events unfold before me. I glance across to Stiles a couple of times, and I can see the sadness, heartbreak and guilt clearly written all over his face. The two of us watch as the memory version of Stiles bangs desperately on the door, screaming out Kara's name, and he's crying a bit too. I can hear Kara screaming and crying as well, begging to be let out of the room and for Stiles to open the door that seems to be magically frozen in place. Once memory Stiles does open the door though and collapsed onto the ground, Stiles beside me tenses up and I notice that Kara doesn't look okay. Her stance is too rigid, and it worries me why she would suddenly stop screaming.

"Kara isn't here right now. Kara is dead." I hear Kara say after memory Stiles asks if she is okay, which makes my breathing hitch a little.

The next several events I watch in complete shock, and I can hardly believe what I'm seeing. I feel horrified. However, if I feel horrified by seeing Kara possessed by an ancient demon, that must be nothing compared to how Stiles is feeling. I can hear his heart rate going through the roof and I can see the silent tears pouring down his cheeks. I clasp onto his hand tighter and continue to watch everything unfold with Stiles. It breaks my heart to see all of this happen, and I don't even know how it happened.

"Please... don't do this. I'll do anything, please. Take me instead, possess me. I don't care. Just let Kara go." I hear memory Stiles plead, and in that moment, it feels like my heart has plummeted to the ground and smashed into a thousand pieces. I look over at the real Stiles in disbelief.

"You offered to be possessed again?! Why?" I ask shakily as I stare at my boyfriend.

"I would rather be possessed than Kara, because at least I already know what it's like. Kara doesn't deserve to go through with it. She's like a sister to me, and I'd do anything to protect her." Stiles answers me with a small shrug, sounding a bit guilty about it.

"You don't deserve to go through it either, Stiles. I know how hard it was for you the first time around. I don't want to see you possessed again." I reply determinedly.

"Yeah, well, turns out I can't take Kara's place, so it's not even an issue. I guess the Nogitsune at least had some benefits." Stiles grumbles in response. The two of us then focus back on the memories playing out in front of us again.

I wince every time that 'Kara' goes and attacks Stiles. Tears start welling up in my own eyes. This is horrible to watch. Kara should never be capable of such violence towards her friends... But then again, this isn't really Kara. I feel sick. Never in a million years would I have thought to see Kara fighting like this. Even though it's not really Kara, and Stiles is refusing to fight back and hurt Kara. Still, it's a horrible sight to see. The demon is definitely taking advantage of the fact that Stiles won't fight back, in fear of hurting Kara, which is understandable. If I were in Stiles' situation, I probably wouldn't be able to hurt her either.

I flinch as I watch 'Kara', who was holding Stiles by his throat, just drops him and makes him fall down the stairs, which it looks like the demon uses to make them half collapse, which is how Stiles ends up on the floor with a piece of metal railing through his shoulder. Memory Stiles just lies there for a few moments, struggling for breath and crying, and it looks like he can't move much at all. He continues to cough and spit out blood, probably so he doesn't accidentally drown in it, which deeply saddens me. Eventually though, the door opens and I watch as the memory versions of me, Lydia, Ben and the Sheriff all rush through and run over to memory Stiles, where he starts asking about Kara and slowly reaches his shaking hand out to me before he falls unconscious.

That's where the memory reel ends, and the creepy house fades away and Stiles and I suddenly find ourselves back in the bathroom. I look over to Stiles with horror and dismay, and I also feel sorry for him after what he went through.