By the time the bell rings, both Harry and I are really excited. It's Margaret, of course, who has come to take out Lily's feeding tube and to check if Lily's completely healthy.

We'd had a hard time removing all magical items from the living room as most photo's move and so do the images on the Prophet.

Even though Margaret is a lovely and careful lady, she's a Muggle and I think she would tell others if she, for example, saw a picture moving.

By the time we've all had a drink, it's time to take Lily's feeding tube out. Despite her being five months old, she's still small, especially compared to Hugo. Margaret said that she will start growing more after her first birthday but that she probably will stay small compared to others from the same age.

Lily does whimper a little bit when the tube gets taken out, which I completely understand as it's probably really uncomfortable, but she doesn't cry.

Once Margaret is done, Harry picks Lily up and holds her close. Luckily her whimpering stops shortly after.

"You did amazing Lily!" Harry smiles at her and she attempts to smile back.

"You have a very special baby there, Ginny," Margaret tells me as Harry continues to play with his daughter, trying to make her laugh, not that that's hard for him. She adores him.

"I know," I agree as I watch my husband and daughter interact.

"I think that someday she's going to grow into a fine young lady," Margaret adds.

"Let's just hope that day doesn't come for a very long time! I can't even think about her first day at primary school without being scared of time," I admit.

"I understand but it's important to live in the moment and not worry about what's yet to come. Enjoy your time with Lily now and worry about her first day at school when it's actually the day itself. Well, maybe the day before," Margaret chuckles as she adds the last bit.

I think for a little bit about what she just said and after a while I say," Thank you," with a smile.

"No problem. I'll be heading out then! You have a healthy baby there so there's nothing left for me to do. Do keep me updated on how she's doing," Margaret says while getting her coat and bag.

"Thank you so much for everything. Harry and I got you something as a thank you," I say as I run upstairs to get the card with a message and pictures of Lily since birth, the flowers and the box of all sorts of chocolate.

"Thank you! You didn't have to do this," Margaret beams after we've given her the gifts.

"Honestly, it's nothing compared to what you've done for us, so thank you," Harry says while still holding Lily.

"I appreciate the gesture either way," she smiles and tickles Lily under her chin.

Suddenly Albus stumbles into the room. He still hasn't entirely gotten the hang of walking yet so he falls as soon as he's in the room. Not that he minds though because he giggles once he's on the floor.

I pick him up and hold him as we say goodbye to Margaret.

After a few minutes, Margaret gives us all one last hug and then leaves with a smile on her face.

"She was amazing, she really was," Harry says and I nod my head in agreement.

"She was."

*

While I'm helping Winky set the table for dinner, I hear the door open and Harry, who is wearing a huge smile on his face, comes in and gives me a hug from behind.

~ Our Story ~  (In those 19 years)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें