20. Appetite

Harry and I just ordered our favourite meals off of the breakfast menu at Valentino's, the local cafe that we came to all the time whilst here in Sydney.

Harry ordered the big breakfast which contains bacon, eggs, toast, sausages, tomatoes and potatoes. I ordered the buttermilk pancake stack which is four pancakes with ice cream and honey.

I've eaten pretty healthy lately considering my pregnancy cravings so I decide to treat myself this morning with these pancakes. The sugar won't harm the baby because it's not like I'm drowning my body with it. I haven't had anything extremely sugary in ages.

Our food comes out and I take a photo of my pancakes and post it on my Snapchat story. I waste no more time and get stuck into my meal.

I look up to see that Harry hasn't started eating yet, he's just holding his knife and fork and laughing at me.

"What?" I say with my mouth full.

"Nothing, I'm just glad you haven't lost your appetite."

"I haven't. If anything, I've gained an appetite. I'm surprised you haven't noticed my double chins with all the weight I've put on."

"I probably haven't noticed because my eyes don't wander up past the boobs."

I kick him under the table which makes him laugh.

"Seriously, like how the fuck did they get so big?"

"I have gained some weight."

He furrows his brows together as he looks at me with deep concern. "Is that why you have been wearing bigger clothing? Hailey, no matter how much you weigh, you will always be extremely beautiful."

"You never want to know how much you weigh. You still have to squeeze into your jeans. But you're perfect to me."

I sing along to the famous lyrics and Harry shakes his head at me with a playful grin.

"My appearance is something I have stopped caring about because there are other things that have taken over."

Like our baby, my sister and her kids.

"I just don't understand. I understand that your sister and the kids come first but the accident only recently happened. You said you stopped drinking alcohol to improve your health, now you are saying you aren't focusing on your appearance? I'm sorry for being so nosey but it just isn't making sense to me."

And it makes no sense to me.

Far out I have got myself into a pickle, haven't I?

"You should start eating because your food will get cold and nobody enjoys a cold sausage."

Harry clears his throat. "Well then." He starts eating his food.

*

After we finish our meals, Veronica comes out with the bill. Harry and I both immediately reach for our wallets.

"I'm paying" he tells me.

"No, I will pay."

"Absolutely not." He shakes his head.

I don't put my wallet away. "At least let me pay half."

"No Hailey. I asked to take you here so I'm paying."

"Fine, but next time I'm paying."

He sends me a cheeky look.

"What?"

"You said next time. It means my company is pretty good so far."

I roll my eyes "don't make me change my mind."

We walk back to Harry's rental car as he picked me up and drove me here today. He said I've been driving him around recently so he wants to return the favour.

"I seriously couldn't imagine you driving any other vehicle. This it's literally the Harry Styles signature Range Rover." He literally hired a rental Range Rover. He's so extra but I love it.

He looks over at me with a pleased expression. "I wanted to feel right at home. Besides, lots of people have them. It isn't just the Harry Styles car."

"I know, but every time I see one it reminds me of you."

He turns up the radio because there is a good song on. When the song finishes I decide to ask him about his music.

"You know your songs have come on the radio a few times whilst I've been driving. And by a few times I mean many times."

"Did you listen?"

"The first few times I didn't but I have heard a couple of songs."

"Like what?"

"Where Do Broken Hearts Go."

"Oh" he starts smirking. "Did you like it?"

"Yeah, when I googled the lyrics Harry Styles came under the title for writer. I am keen to know what inspired you for that song?"

He stops at the round about and hit his steering wheel. "Fuck."

"Tell me Harry."

"You already know the answer to that. There is only one girl I write about in the songs I have input in on the album. I have already written some songs for the next album too."

"Can't wait to hear them. Do you ever bitch about me in any of the songs you write? Like saying you knew I was trouble when I walked in?"

Harry rolls his eyes. "Very funny. You'll have to wait to listen and find out when the rest of the world does."

"Boo you."

When we arrive at my house Harry walks me to my door.

"What do you have on for the rest of the day?" I ask him.

"I have to do two phone interviews and then I have a few meetings. What about you?"

"I was going to visit Rachel but I told Aaron I'd go every second day so I guess I'll give Heather a call, eat and watch a movie or something."

I look at where his eyes are and see that he's not looking into my eyes, he's looking down at my lips.

"My eyes are up here Styles."

He puts his hand on my cheek. "God it's so hard for me not to kiss you right now. Just like last night." He removes his hand and lets out a deep sigh. "I should get going."

I take another step further into my house and stand behind the door. "Okay. Have fun in your meetings."

"Oh, I will." The sarcasm is ever so evident in his tone.