16. Accident

-10 weeks later-

"Look at you, you must be starved. You've been sitting here all day. Go and get something to eat sweetheart." My mum tells me as she crouches down beside me. Her pale hand slowly caresses mine on my thigh.

I shake my head and look from her hand, up to her face. "I'm not hungry."

I lost my appetite the second I got the phone call telling me that my sister was involved in a horrific car crash. Eight days have passed and she is still asleep in an induced coma.

It is Thursday the 8th of January and in two days I will be 18 weeks pregnant. Currently I am 17 weeks and 5 days. I could have found out the gender of the baby by now, but I didn't. It is eating me alive not knowing the gender. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't find out the gender of my baby until Harry knows that I am pregnant and the baby is his.

He made it clear that he wants nothing to do with me for a very long time, but I can't keep his kid a secret from him. I was going to call Anne and organise to meet up with her to tell her the news. I know she would tell him for me. But that never happened because I still somehow believe I will be able to convince Harry to see me so I can tell him.

That is still something I need to do but my main priority recently has been taking care of myself for the safety of my baby, being by my sisters side and helping out with her kids.

Mum gives me a stern look "I'm not taking no for an answer. Go." She points to the door and I sigh, listening to her demands and standing up from the chair. I stand up with ease because my stomach isn't that big yet.

If I were to wear a skin tight dress then you would one hundred percent be able to notice the bump because I am somebody who has always had a slim build and flat stomach. Up until three weeks ago, my stomach looked like I had just eaten too much food containing gluten.

Now, my belly has changed shape and is more pointy rather than rounded. It is summer here in Australia so large coats and hoodies aren't really an option for me right now. So instead I have been opting for many oversized t-shirts to wear with my shorts, as well as flowy dresses that completely hide your waistline.

When I leave the hospital room I quietly close the door behind me

When I leave the hospital room I quietly close the door behind me. Whenever I enter or leave I feel the need to whisper as my sister sleeps. Honestly I should be screaming and shouting in attempts to wake her up.

The doctors said that there's a chance that she can still hear me, despite being in a coma. If only that were true, my sister would have woken up by now and slapped me across the face for blabbering on about the stupidest shit.

My heart goes out the most to Aaron and their two kids. Tori is five and continues to ask where her mum is. Tyde is only nine months old so he is still too young to understand what is going on but he cries for his mum too. After all, she is still breast feeding him.