64. Prick

Tori and I eye each other suspiciously as there's a loud knock coming from the front door.

"Are you expecting anybody?" I lean forwards and ask her while she finishes painting my pinky finger with blue nail polish. She told me she is painting my nails blue so that my baby can turn into a boy because she wants to be the only girl in the family. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it doesn't work like that.

"No, are you expecting anybody?" She mimics my tone. This sassy little girl is literally my twin. She doesn't only look like me, but she acts like I did at the same age too. If this means that my daughter is going to turn out anything like my sister, I'm in shit.

I shake my head at her and stand up to answer the door. My parents are both out today and aren't expected home until late in the afternoon. I haven't ordered anything online recently so it couldn't be the postman.

"Aunty Hailey." Tori whisper yells to me and when I turn around and look at her on the lounge, she's pointing to her stomach.

I was about to pick up the blanket from the other lounge, but I love her for reminding me. She's got my back more than most of my friends.

"Thanks T." I smile at her while picking up the blanket and wrapping it around my body. I glance downwards, making sure that my entire body is covered with the blanket.

When I open the front door, I am met with a familiar pair of blue eyes which I haven't seen in a while.

"Ryan" I say with a smile, although I am still shocked that he is standing before me. He's wearing his black training tracksuit with his teams logo printed on both his jacket and pants. He looks slightly different from when I last seen him. His blonde hair is shorter on top, but he still has a fade on the sides.

A/N: just a reminder incase you have forgotten or haven't read the first book - Ryan is one of Hailey's childhood friends. They went to school together and their families are still close friends. Their mothers always tried to set them up together. Also, Harry hates Ryan because he thinks that he is in love with Hailey.

"Hailey, it's good to see you." He leans down and kisses my cheek before placing his hand on my back while hugging me awkwardly because most of my body is hidden beneath this thick brown blanket. We share a laugh because of the awkwardness.

"You too. Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone. As you can tell."

"It's nice that you've dressed up wearing your Sunday best." I see Ryan's eyes glancing at something over my shoulder, so I turn around to see what has caught his attention. That's when I see Tori standing a few metres behind me with the other blanket wrapped around her. Call it being hormonal, but I could have burst into tears at the sight. Just when I thought that I couldn't love this little girl anymore, she does this.

"Movie day?" Ryan asks, drifting his attention back to me. "I feel like I'm seeing double of you right now." He lets out a laugh.

"No, we are watching a movie at two o'clock because Mummy says no technology before my nap."

Ryan raises his eyebrows and lets out a deep breath of air. "Wow, smart kid." He says to me and I step to the side so that I'm not blocking Tori. "How have you been Tori? I haven't seen you since you were this tall." He bends down and holds his hand out, approximately mid-thigh high.

Tori walks over to him and stands beside his hand. "I'm bigger now." She looks up at me. "Aunty Hailey, how many metres taller am I now?"

"Hmm, I think you're about ten centimetres taller than that now."

She steps back beside me and stares up at Ryan with a proud smile on her face. "Ryan, I'm ten metres taller."

"Ten metres, soon you'll be taller than this house."