62. Flat Packs

"Tell you what kid, I'm glad that you are alright at singing because you wouldn't last a day as a tradesman." My Dad says to Harry as I open the door to the garage. The two of them look up at me. Harry is holding the timber leg of what looks to be the crib, meanwhile my dad is squinting while trying to put one of the nails through the hole. 

"Dad, you should have your glasses on. That's why you can't see where to put the nail." 

I walk over to where they are standing and Harry puts his hand out, stopping me from walking any further. "That's as far as you can come. I will not have my little girl in any danger."

I laugh at him and his serious facial expression. He's not kidding, he is genuinely concerned about me being close to their little building site. "It's not going to fall on me, the legs aren't on yet so it's not even as tall as my hip."

"With the way that this guy builds, anything could fall off and cause you harm." My Dad smirks slyly at Harry. 

Harry ignores what my Dad says and simply shakes his head. "Come on old man, you got it in yet?"

"Now you're starting to sound like my wife, Harry."

"Oh my god Dad." I place my hand over my face, hoping to slap away the disgusting images that are now inside my mind from what he said.

"Too far mate, too far." Harry pats him on the back and when he takes his eye off the crib, the leg that he was holding starts to fall. Harry quickly sees it and catches it before it slips too much. 

"Alright, I'll let you two get back to it. I just wanted to make sure that you are both alive and well. You haven't killed each other yet so that must mean something."

My Dad picks up the drill and puts it near Harry's head. "Yeah, not yet. I'll let him live for a few more months to see his daughter arrive."

"Isn't it crazy to think that she will be here in eight weeks." I say to the two of them, glancing down at my stomach which feels like it is growing more every day. My back aches from carrying around that bit of extra weight, and my pregnancy stomach is considered to be 'small'. I cannot imagine those women who carry multiple babies. 

Women really are incredible.

"If she's anything like you then she will be here in 6. You came two weeks early." 

Harry looks at my Dad with wide eyes. "Don't say that mate, I'll be just starting up on the next leg of the tour. From memory-" Harry closes one eye, bites down on his lower lip and states up at the ceiling while he is deep in thought. "-I'll most likely be in Wales. Cardiff to be exact."

"If only you knocked me up a few weeks earlier Styles, then she would arrive in your mid tour break."

Harry laughs. "If you didn't shut me out then maybe I would have."

I purse my lips together and stare at him for a moment before speaking. "Alright, this is my cue to leave. I am going to go back in now. Have fun you two." I turn around and walk towards the door. 

"Hey." Harry calls out to me so I stop in my tracks and turn back around. "How'd the call go, did you get ahold of him?"

My face falls to the floor. I'll have to tell him sooner or later. But I would rather not tell him while he is building things. He needs to concentrate completely. 

"Yeah, Zayn's doing better. I'll tell you about it later on."

"Baby, you good?" He asks, knowing me all too well. He can read me like a book. There's no hiding anything when it comes to Harry.