11. Declined

It's been about three hours since I found out that I am pregnant and I am so happy to have this little bundle of joy inside of me but all I have been thinking about is Harry.

What's new, lol.

I'm scared to tell him because it'll ruin everything for him. He never wanted this so soon. But he deserves to know the truth. I grab my phone and go into the contacts app. I scroll until I see Harry's name, he used to be in my favourites list but I had to remove him from it as I was tempted to call him so many times.

My finger hovers over the call button for a good thirty seconds as I try to talk myself into doing this. I'm not going to tell him over the phone, but I'm going to tell him that I want to see him. He's probably still mad at me and won't want to see me but I'll find a way to get through to him.

I can't do this tonight. I've only just found out the news myself. I'll do it tomorrow. I lock my phone and throw it on the other side of the bed.

Rachel left an hour ago to go home to her fiancé and kids. I've been in my room ever since. There's a knock at my bedroom door. "Hailey." It's my mum. "Can I come in?"

I'm still angry at her but she's my mum and whether she likes it or not she's going to find out the truth that I am pregnant.

"Come in."

She opens the door and stands beneath the door frame.

"Sorry to further disappoint you, but I thought I would let you know that I am pregnant. If you think I'm lying then you can look at these." I point to the pregnancy tests lined up on my bedside table.

She walks inside the room and stands over the bedside table, looking down at the tests. She smiles and then looks at me. "I'm sorry about everything I said before. That wasn't fair on you. I still feel the same way but I am your mother and I am going to support you throughout this journey. Congratulations my daughter." She hugs me and I hug her back.

"Thanks."

"I know you're upset with me and I understand. But please know that I mean it when I say if you need anything I am here for you."

I nod. "Okay."

She smiles at me before reaching for the door handle. "Can you please tell dad to come here? I want to tell him.

She nods. "Will do."

"Thank you."

A couple of minutes later, my dad opens my door and comes in to sit on my bed. "Hey kiddo, how you feeling? Still got that horrible bug?"

"Well, it turns out it wasn't a stomach bug." I nudge my head to the side in the direction of my bedside table.

"What?" My dad follows my gaze and looks at where the pregnancy tests are. He gasps as he stands up to have a closer look. "Double lines means..."

"Positive" I smile and nod at him. He puts his arms around me and hugs me. "You're going to be a grandpa for a third time."

"Oh congratulations Hailey. You have always had the maternal instinct. Even with Tori and Tyde, you're great with them."

"Thanks dad. You definitely took the news better than mum."

"Of course I'm not thrilled that you are only twenty and are pregnant. You still have so much of your life to live. And your career has only just started. But if anyone is capable of doing this it is you and I don't doubt you for a single second. This little boy or girl is so lucky to have you. You hear that little one, your mummy loves you so much and I cannot wait to meet you" he places his hand on my stomach.