1. Wear Another Colour

A/N: A quick author's note before you begin reading this story. There is a book called 'Always You' which is the first part to this book series. You do not have to read that book first as this is a new chapter in Hailey's and Harry's lives but I would recommend reading it because it explains how Hailey and Harry got together and their life before their break-up. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this book as much as I enjoy writing it!!

*

(Friday 5th September 2014)

Rummaging through my clothes, I push aside each clothing item one by one as I look through my wardrobe. I buy new clothes monthly, yet I still feel like I have nothing to wear. There are so many clothes in here, but nothing is right for the occasion.

If I don't find anything in three minutes, I'm not going. 

"Should I wear a long dress or is that too formal? I can't wear a short dress because I haven't scrubbed off the fake tan from my legs and it is all patchy. If I wore jeans, would that be too casual and look like I don't care?"

It is early September and the weather is still quite warm but we have been getting some random cold days here in LA. Today it is warm out so I can get away with wearing dresses during the night time without getting too cold.

Harry lets out a long sigh and stands up from the bed. He walks over to where I am standing and starts shuffling through the clothes in my wardrobe.

"What about that red dress?" I place my finger on the red velour dress which looks very christmassy. I could wear that for the holidays. 

"No, don't wear red. You always wore red for me. Well, not always, but you get my drift. Red is my colour. Wear something different." He continues to sort through my clothes and I stare at the side of his face in pure shock. A pain strikes through my chest at the thought of us when we were together.

We were happy and so in love. I had only ever imagined Harry standing beside me, helping me pick out an outfit for our date. Not a date that I was going on with somebody else. He is definitely a lot stronger than I am. There is no way I would want to help him choose an outfit for a date that he is going on with somebody else.

We ended our relationship on good terms and the reason why we ended it when we did was so that we could still remain friends. It's not easy, believe me. Occasionally we become friends with benefits, especially when there is alcohol involved but other than that we are back to how we were when we first met. 

Friends. 

There is no denying that we have feelings for each other. I am very much in love with Harry still. However, our relationship became too toxic because our busy schedules just weren't working out in our favour. It started many brutal arguments that hurt my heart to think about. 

Harry feels me staring at him and he stops moving his hands along the clothes and turns to look at me. 

"What?"

I let out a soft sigh. "Don't you think it's weird that you're helping me?"

"Well of course I don't want you to go on a date with someone else, but if he turns out to be the person who makes you happy and give you everything I couldn't, then I'm just going to have to accept that and be happy for you. I can't expect you to stay single forever."

I smile up at him. His heart really is made of pure gold. I am definitely not strong enough to think about him with another woman, let alone help him get ready for their date. Shivers run down my spine just thinking about it. 

"Like I said to you the night I met you, your beauty is indescribable. Not only are you physically flawless, the beauty within you is enough to light up the darkest soul. So many men would give their own life to have a date with you, Hailey."