9. Mother Dearest

"Come on lazy bones, squat deeper" Aaron instructs me as he looks at his watch. "Ten, nine, eight, lower - yes like that, good, seven, six" he continues to count down and after I finish the final round of weighted squats I bend over like a rag doll whilst clutching onto my stomach.

I'm struggling to catch a breath. This isn't even an intense workout. I have trained much harder than this before. Man, I really am getting unfit. 

"I need to take a break, sorry just give me a moment." I say to Aaron and he nods understandingly with a worried look on his face.

He pats me on the back and hands me my drink bottle. "You stopped training or something Hayes? Because you were one of the fittest people I knew when I seen you last."

I laugh at him but when I laugh, the striking pain in my stomach doubles in torment. "Ow" I stand up straight and rub my stomach. This feels like heart burn but in my stomach. 

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I think I've got a stitch. Sorry, I guess being sick has messed with me more than I expected. Hopefully the workout will make it go away quicker whilst I sweat it out."

Aaron rolls out the yoga mat on the ground. "Sweating it out is the way to go. If you need to stop just keep going, you're almost done." 

If you expect a personal trainer to go easy on you when you're not feeling your best, then you are not seeing the right one. Aaron is harsh but he takes his job seriously and so many of his clients hate him for it in the beginning but thank him for it in the end.

I take a sip of my water and place my bottle on the mat beside me as I get into a plank position. "Start with a one minute plank for a warm up. Ready, set, go." I hold my body up and take deep breaths in and out as I plank.

After planking I do one minute each side of side planks. The next is 30 burpees and let me tell you, I despise burpees.

"Thirty push ups Hailey and after that thirty sit ups. Then we repeat the entire set over again."

Yay.

Halfway through my second set I have to stop and take a deep breath because I feel like I am struggling to breathe.

"Maybe we should turn it down a notch until you are over this sickness, kid" Aaron rolls up my mat and points to the stepper machine. "Do some cardio instead."

I don't know what is wrong with me but during that entire workout all I felt was pain. It is normal to feel pain in your muscles and joints but not in places like your boobs unless you are bouncing a lot. During those bush ups my boobs were burning.

This is tmi, but my nipples felt like they were on fire. Why does my body hate me so much? Maybe it is trying to tell me something, don't go to the gym. I need to get back into it though because otherwise I will turn into a couch potato.

Rachel walks out from her office and stares at me. "Why are you holding your boobs babe?" She asks me and I look down at my arms crossing over my chest.

"They bloody hurt."

She pushes my hands away and I put them down by my side. "Yeah, well no wonder they hurt. You need to get a bigger sports bra because your boobs are spilling out of your top."

I look down at them and she's right. My mum asked me if I got a boob job without telling her because that's how much they've grown.

"Have you gained weight from all the shit that you've been eating?"

"No, not that I know of." Maybe I have. I haven't been to the gym in a while so it is possible that I've gained weight. "I haven't weighed myself in like a year."