29. Twenty One

My mum drops me outside the lobby of the Intercontinental Sydney where Harry and Anne are staying for the duration of their Sydney trip. I say goodbye to my mum and step out of the car. When she drives off, I lower my head and head straight for the revolving doors. 

"Hailey."

"Oh my god it's Hailey Hayes." 

I choose not to turn around because I don't want to get anxious if there's a lot of people waiting outside the hotel for Harry. Besides, I am hoping they think it was a really good look-a-like and it isn't actually me.

As if. They'd know it's me but I just want to get inside as soon as possible without any trouble. Once I am inside, I quickly turn around to see how many people are outside. Standing behind two security guards that look like they work for the Intercontinental, are around 12-14 girls ranging from 11-mid twenties. 

How people manage to track Harry down when he is so sneaky whilst entering places goes beyond me. Those girls are personal investigators in the making. 

Once I am in the elevator, I press the level twelve button and wait for it to take me to Harry's level. He said to turn right and to walk all the way to the end because he is in the end room so at least I don't have to make myself dizzy trying to read all the room numbers as I quickly walk past them.

I get to the room on the end and knock on the door. Harry opens the door and he is shirtless so obviously my eyes go straight down to his abdomen and looking at all his tattoos that I haven't seen in a while. 

I look back up at his face and smile when I see that he looks extremely happy today. I open my arms and hug him. "Happy birthday Harry" I hug him tight.

He pushes me away gently before hugging me back. "Not so tight, you're going to hurt the baby" he whispers in my ear. After our embrace, he holds the door open with his foot and waits for me to walk in. This place is as beautiful as I remember it to be. It hasn't changed one bit since I stayed here in 2010.

"How has your day been so far? I can't believe you are finally 21. Now you don't need to use your status to get into clubs or receive alcohol. You're legal everywhere!"

Harry smiles at me and nods his head. "That's right. Mum and I had a nice room service breakfast this morning. A massive English breakfast for two. Felt right at home. Was hoping to go out for a walk along the water but I've been on the phone non-stop."

I put my handbag on the bed and open it up to get out his present. "I know it isn't much but I hope you like it." I say to him as I hand him the small wrapped up gift I got for him a few months ago. I seen it and had to get it for his 21st."

Harry unwraps the gift and when he sees the Fitbit packaging he pulls me into a hug. "Thank you so much. I love it. You shouldn't have."

"You have been saying for ages you want to get one but each time decided against it. You say how it will be good whilst you are working out to track your heart-rate and stuff and it also tracks how much sleep you get so you know whilst you're on tour."

"Yeah, that's exactly why I want it. That's really thoughtful. Thank you Hailey" he smiles down at the Fitbit box. "Now I have to go to the gym whilst I'm here so I can use this and test it out."

"No excuses now."

I look around the room and only see Harry's luggage. "Where's Anne?"

"She's four doors up. I got her a separate room."

Deciding not to stick my nose into his business, I choose not to ask why he isn't sharing a room with his mother. I know they are close but I guess boys would rather their own space. Especially at 21 years old.